Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC - guardians of the South Downs

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As far as I can work out, LDC's only declared reason for opposing Falmer is that the coach park is in an AONB. They conveniently ignore the fact that the land concerned is hardly beautiful, and is in close proximity to a busy dual carriageway and railway line. LDC support, as far as I can recollect, the building of a stadium at Sheepcote Valley, which is actually much more beautiful, if you're giving marks out of 10. LDC are concerned that the ODPM's decision creates a precedent that would see further development in the AONB. They are ignoring the "special circumstances" fully explained in the ODPM's decision. I am at a loss for words.

Sorry - no real reason for posting this - other than immense frustration.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Agree with you 100% and feel just as angry and frustrated.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Jim in the West said:
As far as I can work out, LDC's only declared reason for opposing Falmer is that the coach park is in an AONB. They conveniently ignore the fact that the land concerned is hardly beautiful, and is in close proximity to a busy dual carriageway and railway line. LDC support, as far as I can recollect, the building of a stadium at Sheepcote Valley, which is actually much more beautiful, if you're giving marks out of 10.

Hence the term NIMBY

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Jim in the West said:
As far as I can work out, LDC's only declared reason for opposing Falmer is that the coach park is in an AONB. They conveniently ignore the fact that the land concerned is hardly beautiful, and is in close proximity to a busy dual carriageway and railway line. LDC support, as far as I can recollect, the building of a stadium at Sheepcote Valley, which is actually much more beautiful, if you're giving marks out of 10. LDC are concerned that the ODPM's decision creates a precedent that would see further development in the AONB. They are ignoring the "special circumstances" fully explained in the ODPM's decision. I am at a loss for words.

Sorry - no real reason for posting this - other than immense frustration.

ANd you wonder why this decision was made in a close meeting?

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Had to send a letter of condolences today to my sister who has just lost her husband. And where did they live? In Lewes.
I am certain that they both would be abslutely anti Falmer.
Nevertheless, my condolences to my sister were sincere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here