Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laura Robson - British Tennis Player

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Do we have a future world number 1 here?

Winning the girls singles title at Wimbledon, and now all but through to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open girls singles.

British tennis is looking up :)

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes she certainly looks it. Juniors generally don't prove anything, especially as the girls peak so early, that many juniors are instead playing in the main event.

But she certainly has a chance as long as she doesn't burn out, she is already full time at the National tennis centre at Roehampton, having given up school.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
isnt she FIT?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
isnt she FIT?

she's no Sharapova, but not bad..

laura_robson.jpg

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Isn't she Australian?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Heather Watson, is also through to the quarter finals. From Guernsey so a bit closer to home than Laura. However, both flying the flag for the UK.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Isn't she about 15?

She is, that is why she is in the girls singles :p

Heather Watson, is also through to the quarter finals. From Guernsey so a bit closer to home than Laura. However, both flying the flag for the UK.

I know, 2 out the 8 in the quarter-finals are British. Hope they can both progress through to the semi-finals.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not like what might happen if Albion had a really great youth team and everyone got carried away with how bright the future was, and then when it doesn't materialise everyone...ahh hang on a minute.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not like what might happen if Albion had a really great youth team and everyone got carried away with how bright the future was, and then when it doesn't materialise everyone...ahh hang on a minute.

Didn't materialise? We've had some world class players come out of our youth system. Are you forgetting Joe Gatting?:jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
She gives the Daily Mail sportswriters something to get excited about, that's about it for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here