Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest play-off final ticket brilliance

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
West Ham given about 39,000, sell the lot, could take loads more. Blackpool get roughly the same, sell 27,000 but with some sold in ALL blocks, meaning none of their spare 11,000 can be resold.

Result - loads of unhappy West Ham fans who wanted to pay watching on TV with massive gaps in Blackpool sections, when some simple block by block selling for the club who were clearly going to take less would habe enabled easy resale.

I mean seriously, what cretins do this stuff? Apart from anything else, it's probably cost the FA/Football League about £500k.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hate West Ham. And the idea that they are desperate for tickets and ALL the Blackpool fans will be lying across 3 or 4 seats watching the game makes me chuckle.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Town have been given 33'500 tickets...88, 64,54,44 and 34

Looks like decent fix are £54!!!!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
As if Blackpool want 11,000 more hammers in the ground.

Would you be happy if we got to a playoff final and the other team had 11,000 more fans watching that we did? Regardless of if we sold them or not of cause you wouldnt!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I hate West Ham. And the idea that they are desperate for tickets and ALL the Blackpool fans will be lying across 3 or 4 seats watching the game makes me chuckle.

Oh come on! You wouldn't be saying that if it was us and some small club who couldn't shift them (Barnsley, Palace etc)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Would you be happy if we got to a playoff final and the other team had 11,000 more fans watching that we did? Regardless of if we sold them or not of cause you wouldnt!

Totally disagree. If you can't sell your initial allocation, and the others can do it for you after selling theirs, that's fair enough in my book. Anyway we did have that in Cardiff, if memory serves. I think Bristol sold 40,000.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
That is only right. If West Ham had more tickets available then Blackpool the Blackpool players would be playing in front of about 20,000 more West Ham fans then Blackpool fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh come on! You wouldn't be saying that if it was us and some small club who couldn't shift them (Barnsley, Palace etc)

You're right. I wouldn't. But it isn't Brighton, it's West Ham which makes it funny.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

we probably did have 11000 more seats when we lost to Notts County.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Didn't we take around 37000 to Cardiff for the playoff? Bristol probably had a few more of our unsolds, being just down the road. If it had been played at wembley we would have sold out imo. Blackpool have had a great few years but it's a hot bed of football up that neck of the woods so 27000 isn't a bad turnout.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Didn't we take around 37000 to Cardiff for the playoff? Bristol probably had a few more of our unsolds, being just down the road. If it had been played at wembley we would have sold out imo. Blackpool have had a great few years but it's a hot bed of football up that neck of the woods so 27000 isn't a bad turnout.

No, if I remember right at Cardiff we only sold around 29,000 and I'd have estimated Bristol sold around 30,000 - 32,000. It was very obvious that some of our worst view seats in the lowest tier at the back were empty.

Obviously for a Wembley fixture I'd expect the Albion would have shifted considerably more, but it's a long long way to Cardiff from Brighton, and just a quick hop over the Severn Bridge from Bristol.

It's obvious why West Ham have sold more than Blackpool, as the game is being held only about 5 miles from Upton Park, and nearly 250 miles from Bloomfield Road.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not really sure why West Ham are complaining to be honest. The allocations were set ages ago, and each team knew perfectly well what they would get. There was never a clause saying "if the other team doesn't sell theirs, then you can have them", so the fact there are gaps in Blackpool areas is irrelevant. Those West Ham fans who never go to their home games and couldn't be bothered to get off their backsides early enough to queue with everyone else can lump it for all I care.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Those West Ham fans who never go to their home games and couldn't be bothered to get off their backsides early enough to queue with everyone else can lump it for all I care.

Subliminal...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think anyone likes being MASSIVELY outnumbered but at Cardiff, Bristol City sold their 33,000 allocation while we sold just under 30,000 of our 33,000 allocation. They then gave Bristol City about 1,500 more tickets in blocks that were previously empty. This seemed a sensible way of doing things and nobody on here complained that Bristol City had 5,000 more fans at the game than we did.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The other point to remember was that the game was held on the Sunday of a bank holiday weekend, with all the accompanying issues regarding public transport, motorway jams etc making a long journey much less attractive.

Palace played there the previous day, what was their attendance out of interest? I think it was higher, but then they were contending a Premiership spot against West Ham and had in theory a shorter distance to travel. Wonder if the Hammers fans took over any of their allocation? I'd have thought a trip from London to Cardiff on a Saturday was much easier than one from Brighton to Cardiff on a Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here