Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last night

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Totally spannered. Stumbled into will Buckley and tony bloom. Will told me he is 11. Something over 100m and quicker than kaz. Bloom did not give me his 100m time but did have beer all over ho's shirt. He was on the platform at falmer. Great guy and willing to get in photos with pissed idiots like me.

Also talking to some Germans who were over ti experience real English football. They loved it but still think we lack a little compared to the bosch in terms of atmosphere. But they were sat in the south....,,,.,

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Atmos was immense last night but the English fans are behind the Germans in terms of chanting throughout a game with organised co ordination from the whole stadium. We have some of the best Atmos anywhere in England at the Amex, but the Germans still do it better. I put it down to standing areas.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have a problem with this atmosphere shite. I thought we were awesome v Wednesday... read a few places and Wednesday saying we were quiet..... I don't really get it. I thought the atmosphere last night was the best since Burnley. We groaned at first at 26, 594... I had a bit of a giggle at the OHHHHH then the claps. Also at the end when most of the Wendy's had gone but a hardcore stayed and sang, I thought they were awesome. Everyone dribbles on about atmosphere yet I would take last nights any day of the week. In fact I'll take it to Watford all on my own!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have a problem with this atmosphere shite. I thought we were awesome v Wednesday... read a few places and Wednesday saying we were quiet..... I don't really get it. I thought the atmosphere last night was the best since Burnley. We groaned at first at 26, 594... I had a bit of a giggle at the OHHHHH then the claps. Also at the end when most of the Wendy's had gone but a hardcore stayed and sang, I thought they were awesome. Everyone dribbles on about atmosphere yet I would take last nights any day of the week. In fact I'll take it to Watford all on my own!
It has obviously been done to death on here but I agree with you completely. The atmosphere went a bit flat in the second half and, as with most night games at The Amex, was muted before the game but at times it was completely brilliant.

The bar is being set ridiculously high. I certainly don't recall last night being able to hear the players calling to each other on the pitch...!!!

And please can we put to bed the stupid "I didn't hear a peep out of the XXXX(X) Stand" or "could only hear the XXXX(X) Stand once or twice all game"...

The amazing thing about The Amex, that we should all just glory in, is that the loudest chants are taken up by more than one stand. When the action on the pitch triggers it the whole ground is loud - people talk about their stand "rocking" or "being loud" it is usually when they are singing AT THE SAME TIME as another stand.

Away fans are very unlikely to ever say that the atmosphere is good. Impartial observers such as reporters/pundits have regularly referred to the excellent atmosphere in the ground and so have a number of visiting managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here