Last king of Scotland

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
From the IMDB:
Forrest Whitaker alone is worth the price of admission, 24 October 2006

Author: jim pyke from United States

How can an actor terrify you without saying a word, without even hardly moving his face or body? I'm not sure how he does it, but Mr. Whitaker does it over and over again in this movie. And then he turns around the next minute and becomes giant hug-able teddy bear superhero. Forget all the others, this is the best horror film of the year. This movie, and his performance in particular, grab hold of you and never let go. Whitaker should win an Oscar for best actor, I've never seen a better performance in my life. Also notable is the Nicholas Garrigan character who is written and acted very skilfully to draw the (non-African) spectator into the world of Uganda and Amin. The way his character willingly "falls into" Amin's web of charisma somehow goes a long way toward mitigating the racist potential of a story about a very troubled (African black) man. The way the interplay of the two lead character's cultural backgrounds plays out on screen moves the story beyond just their personalities and into the realm of incisive socio-political analysis and critique. This movie is quite incredible, really.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'll watch the film first as generally the books are always better.

The Beach being an example - the book is by far and away better than the film.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
James the 6th?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Blackadder?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I plan to see this on Wednesday. 5.30pm. Holloway Road Odeon. Anyone wishing to join me, or just watch what i do in both the popcorn queue and the men's toilets the moment the film finishes, please f*** off. I prefer things on my own, and this looks like a dramatic learner for attention to be pointed at and moments to be remembered.
Sounds good.

Dandyman

In London village.
Meade's_Ball said:
I plan to see this on Wednesday. 5.30pm. Holloway Road Odeon. Anyone wishing to join me, or just watch what i do in both the popcorn queue and the men's toilets the moment the film finishes, please f*** off. I prefer things on my own, and this looks like a dramatic learner for attention to be pointed at and moments to be remembered.
Sounds good.

Nice cinema as well. A GDC agent may be assigned to spy upon your movements and return to HQ witha full report for our amusement.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Saw this last night, it's fantastic. Kevin McDonald's direction makes it even better than an already-great book - it's surprisingly similar in style to his entirely brilliant documentary about the Munich Olympics hijacking. The bloke's clearly a very talented git indeed and so's Forest Whitaker who SHOULD walk the Oscar for it - so obviously they'll give it to whoever plays someone with a disability instead. Anyway, brilliant film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here