Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Land of Leather are SHIT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And here is my letter of COMPLAINT

I am writing to advise you that I am extremely unhappy with the continued delay in the delivery of our suite.
This suite (the Christian) was ordered on 14th January from your Crawley branch, at which time we were told that delivery was "officially" within 12-16 weeks, but was more likely to be within 10-12 weeks. With this in mind, we did not rely on the quote of 10-12 weeks for delivery, but instead took your stores pledge on face value that it would take up to 16 weeks to arrive. About 3 weeks ago, as we were almost at the 16 week stage, I rang the Crawley store, and was told that unfortunately it would be going the "full term" of 16 weeks, but that the suite was due to arrive in port on 30th April, and delivery could be arranged within 7-14 days of that date.

We are now into the 17th week since the order was placed, and my wife has today been told that the suite is not now not expected to arrive in port until MID JUNE. (superb use of NSC capitals, I think you'll agree).

That kind of delay is totally unacceptable. Having been told to expect to take delivery of this suite by mid-May, we sold our existing suite at the end of April (as we have no room to store two suites in our house), in preperation to receive our new suite a week or two later. We are currently making do with patio furniture in our living room (this is complete bullshit, obviously) - something that is FAR from ideal, but then we only envisaged a week or two of inconvenience before the arrival of the suite we ordered some FOUR MONTHS ago. To now be told that it "should" be in by the middle of next month (with presumably a further 7-14 days before it can actually be delivered to our home) is, as I am sure you can appreciate, hugely frustrating for us and an abuse of the timescales we were quoted on the contract we signed with your company when ordering this suite. Realistically, it would appear we are now looking at a JULY delivery (at best) for a suite we ordered in JANUARY. Is that the normal quality of service you provide for your customers ? We have neighbours who had a leather suite ordered from Ikea who had it made to order and delivered within 4 weeks, (lies), so quite why it takes your company SIX MONTHS (more pleasing capitals) to come up with the goods after they have been ordered (and a substantial deposit paid) I would be very interested to hear.

I would appreciate a swift reply to this email to explain the reasons for this lengthy delay on our suite, and what we can expect as a gesture in recompense for the fact that it now appears I and my young family are stuck using patio furniture for the forseeable future. If I do not receive a satisfactory reply, I will visit your Crawley store with a view to taking this up with someone in authority.

Yours sincerely

Mr E 10

Fuckers. I am STEAMING.
I want my leather recliner and I want it NOW. Why is it EVERY TIME I order something, I get f***ed OVER by the store ? Those TOSSERS at Woolworths deprived me of a WEEK of Guitar Hero for no good reason, and thats a week I will NEVER get back. Now these leather bastards are doing a number on me.

Grrrr.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
You should open up a service on North Stand Chat...Complaint letters written while-u-wait.

Marvellous letter. Let's hope it does the job.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well said. That should persuede (sic) them to re-evaluate how much their customers mean to them. Take the bull by the horns if they do not supply a swift response and meat your demands.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just getting it off my CHEST really, thanks chaps. And yes indeed Mr Fun, I will be paying their store a visit if I don't get a reply (there's also a head office address that'll be getting the same letter).

I really don't want to go into Crawley again, if I can possibly avoid it. I always feel I need a good shower afterewards.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
So they lied and now you tell them lies. I'd call that fairly even, except they win because they've got your money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only HALF my money....

...Although I suppose I could end up with half a suite.

:down:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
You could end up with no suite. I've emailed the manager at LoL a link to this thread so he can see the kind of person he's dealing with.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am sorry there is nowhere for your arse to currently feel at home, or pleasingly saddled. Couches are a vital part of life, i find. They are much better than beds and baths and gardens, i reckon. Sometimes as the day comes to an end, the brain turns off (although some might argue it never switched on), the eyelids fall and the body stretches out on leather, cushions and remote controls. It's a beauty. I'd like a wife who sees me snooze and just covers my upper frame with a mid-sized towel, unbothered whether i share a bed with her, and not missing me plop gases through the night in her direction. About 4am, the average man awakens, sees the tv still on and thinks to himself he could either join the wife or watch a late-night action film and go at bed around 6. What a great night that is. Sometimes the sort i don't choose to tell workmates about. A guilty pleasure.

Anyway, as i was saying, i am sorry for your burden and discomfort, resting for this while on a pile of broken promises.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meade's_Ball said:
I am sorry there is nowhere for your arse to currently feel at home, or pleasingly saddled. Couches are a vital part of life, i find. They are much better than beds and baths and gardens, i reckon. Sometimes as the day comes to an end, the brain turns off (although some might argue it never switched on), the eyelids fall and the body stretches out on leather, cushions and remote controls. It's a beauty. I'd like a wife who sees me snooze and just covers my upper frame with a mid-sized towel, unbothered whether i share a bed with her, and not missing me plop gases through the night in her direction. About 4am, the average man awakens, sees the tv still on and thinks to himself he could either join the wife or watch a late-night action film and go at bed around 6. What a great night that is. Sometimes the sort i don't choose to tell workmates about. A guilty pleasure.

Anyway, as i was saying, i am sorry for your burden and discomfort, resting for this while on a pile of broken promises.
Thank you MB. As I read your words, I could feel a slight stirring in my buttocks as they twitched in yearning at your elegant prose.

My old armchair has seen me through some legendary moments, and I'll be sad to see it go. It has uncomplainingly born the brunt of some fearsome guffs. There are numerous immovable stains and secretions embedded within the upholstery, each one bearing a precious memory, a story to tell. The cushion has moulded itself perfectly to my arsecleft, the arms have provided a comfortable base for Bruce and his old lettuce excursions. But time moves on, and I need a new bumsling in my life.

I look forward to the cooling, sweaty embrace of cowhide upon my naked flesh this summer.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Gee, FANKS

:rolleyes:

Of course I never would.

But then again, I am in a bit of a mood today.???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Vlad the Impala said:
Of course I never would.

But then again, I am in a bit of a mood today.???
I know you'd never betray a fellow NSC-er.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Easy 10 said:
I know you'd never betray a fellow NSC-er.

I do believe that is as good as a dare. :clap2:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I know a bird who once met the son of Mr. Land of Leather (or whatever the guy who owns it is called OR probably in actual fact a branch manager who has 'become' the owner during her telling of the story) in a bar. He took her that very night to the local branch (which I think was the Reading one and which somehow he seemed to have keys for) and proceeded to spend the next 2 hours f***ing her every which way over a selection of suites in the showroom.

All I'm saying is, check for stains like :)

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
I must admit I find it a little bemusing that people come on here and post stuff like this without giving a thought to the possibility of a poster here either working for LoL of being closely related to a LoL employee. One day someone is going to go into a complaint-type situation only to be confronted with a printout in which they admit they are lying. Would kinda weaken your position even though they are completely in the wrong.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
according to the F.T.land of leather are on the brink of going into administration AGAIN.(they do it on average every 27 months and rise leeds like from the ashes of debt)

looks like you have spunked your 50% deposit

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Course.
Thats why they're still carrying huge ads in national newspapers and on TV ad-infinitum.

:glare:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why not use your TIMELORD powers, go forward to June to the port, and then carry the SOFA back through time with you

*jobdone*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here