Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lambert and holt

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
This is the kind of striker we need all round player strong powerful and who can score goals. Not many players that fit the bill would love Jordan Rhodes . Key to promotion is a quality forward.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Striker is the position that as Gus says in his interview is the toughest. I think everyone is looking for the same thing, the great thing for us is we have Gus, he could sell ice to the eskimos!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Holt has just signed a 3 year contract at Norwich... Got anyone else in mind for Gus to consider?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Problem is holt and lambert were both one man teams in a way, they outshone the rest unlike QPR, who admittedly had Taarabt but I think we should try to follow Reading or Swansea or QPR's example rather than Norwich and Swansea.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Gus is very aware that we need an aerial presence in the opposition's half of the pitch.

I also think he knows who he wants and from all the whispering that is going on it will be someone capable of taking us to another level.

I for one am getting very excited :thumbsup: :albion:

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I think Gus is very aware that we need an aerial presence in the opposition's half of the pitch.

I also think he knows who he wants and from all the whispering that is going on it will be someone capable of taking us to another level.

I for one am getting very excited :thumbsup: :albion:

I thought this new spectacular signing was a midfielder but eh oh, I'm sure Gus has got someone good upfront too, Heskey?? :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't know what's a gem and what's a routine signing anymore - Gus seems to know what we need and goes for the best available in every position.
Sometimes I feel like I've woken up in a parallel universe

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I think CMS, Buckley, Barnes, Hoskins can score enough. Gus only likes to play one out and out striker anyway.
Strength in midfield is far more important. Crofts AND Trotter please Tony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here