Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour 12 points ahead in latest opinion poll

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well, Mr Flight seems to have put a downward spiral on the tories campaign, the latest opinion poll has Labour on 43 percent, Tories 31, Lib Dem 7,Other 9.

the poll was actually conducted prior to the Flight Fiasco so it could actually get worse for the tories.

*breathes a sigh of relief*

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I saw an anti-tory bill board yesterday which made me smile.

It showed a pic of Thather and said 3million unimployed, then the next bloke and the same then a picture of Howard and a question mark and a short sentance underneath saying 'Dont let them ruin it again.'

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
the picture of howard they use is quite good...he looks like such an idiot.

however its negative campaigning and I dont really like that. ah well, they are all bastards really, or should that be b'stards?;)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
bigc said:
the latest opinion poll has Labour on 43 percent, Tories 31, Lib Dem 7,Other 9.

that makes 90% , and the other 10%?

Or should that be 17% LibDem?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
yup....i meant to put 17%

the clocks went forward today but i didnt.hehe

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
dont read too much into it , we were 10 points clear a few weeks ago !

bigc said:
well, Mr Flight seems to have put a downward spiral on the tories campaign, the latest opinion poll has Labour on 43 percent, Tories 31, Lib Dem 7,Other 9.

the poll was actually conducted prior to the Flight Fiasco so it could actually get worse for the tories.

*breathes a sigh of relief*

Yes, that poll was taking at the height of Howard's anti-gypsy/anti-Irish witch-hunting. Worked a treat, didn't it? :lolol:

I love it, *keeganesque voice*, I REALLY LOVE IT - when stuff like this happens. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Whilst this is the opinion poll that makes the headlines, it is being questioned because it's so out of sync with the other opinion polls so don't take it as gospel.

What Michael Howard is doing is making political gains out of everyone's fears, as Labour did with their '24 hours to save the NHS' back in 1997 and '£35bn worth of spending cuts under the Tories' this time around, which has been shown to be a lie.

The sad reality is they're all as bad as each other and the party who wins will win not because they're deemed to be the best party but because they're deemed to be the least worst (is that English?)

I'm not convinced it's just coincidence that one of the best times I remember under a government of either party was when John Major had a minority government ie the government was so weak it couldn't really interfere and we were just allowed to get on with our lives. Economy seemed to do quite well then too.

One final thought about opinion polls ... just think about who was ahead in the polls in 1992 and who actually won?

John Major's minority government "the best"? That why it lost in one of the biggest electoral landslides ever? :lol: Keep clutching at straws.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It would appear that the Tories are trying really hard at the moment to remind us why they lost to Labour in 97 and what had made their party unelectable at that stage, they are not just reminding us but ramming home the fact that they have not changed in the intervening years, if anything they are trying to re-invent Thatcherism. Dumb or what?

I don't have to read it again - four or five overt Tory Party talking points I'm very familar with, cheers.

Poll out of sync - wrong, all recent polls show Tory support declining.

Tory spending cuts "a lie" - the Tory party has a record of 18 years of cuts and Howard Flight let the cat out of the bag where the next lot are coming from.

"they're as bad as each other" - Simplistic rubbish.

"John Major' government the best" - Laughable.

The 1992 pre-election polls. Kinnock never had anything like a 12-point lead. And the 1997 and 2001 pre-election polls actually underestimated Labour's victory.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
None of the polls I have seen have taken into account the possibility of a split in the right of centre vote with the UKIP taking their share, the Tories are looking like achieving one of their worst election results for years, even disarray in the Labour ranks is unlikely to affect this.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
London Irish said:
I don't have to read it again - four or five overt Tory Party talking points I'm very familar with, cheers.

Poll out of sync - wrong, all recent polls show Tory support declining.

Tory spending cuts "a lie" - the Tory party has a record of 18 years of cuts and Howard Flight let the cat out of the bag where the next lot are coming from.

"they're as bad as each other" - Simplistic rubbish.

"John Major' government the best" - Laughable.

The 1992 pre-election polls. Kinnock never had anything like a 12-point lead. And the 1997 and 2001 pre-election polls actually underestimated Labour's victory.

kin hell..why get so worked up... scared of something??

Not with a big poll lead :smokin:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Could not give a f*** about Blair or Howard or the other twat, every politician should be rounded up and sent to a goolag, and that includes sad bastards who use football message boards to spout crap about the favourite political party.
I saw the the light and no longer support anyone, none of the wankers are getting my vote.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well 1992 was different

I cant imagine Blair going "Well Alright!".

Blair isnt ginger, or welsh, and doesnt go on for ages.

sorry no offensive to ginger or welsh people, but plenty of offence to Neil

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
well sullyupthewing, I guess that puts you in the group who couldn't give a toss who runs the country or how they do it, thank God there are still enough who do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here