Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

La Marinade - Kemp Town

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Has anyone been to this EXCELLENT little resteraunt on Georges Road, Kemp Town? I went there on saturday night and it is by far the best place I have eaten in this town with excellent service to boot.

To start perfectly cooked baby squid which was incredibly tasty followed by rabbit with chilli mash. I nearly creamed my pants went i took and bite of the little bunny with a fork full of the mash which packed a punch but wasn't too overpowering at all.

The caramel brownie with homemade guava ice cream was a fantastic finish to a wonderful dining experience.

If you haven't been, go. You won't regret it.

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
can't agree with you on this one chappers...we went there about 4 weeks ago on a saturday...food was excellent for some, very average for others in our party. had to wait yonks and it cost almost £50 per head. not a patch on paston place and (reportedly) due south...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rabbit is lovely. One day I'd like to eat at a restaurant where they serve it with a fluffy little tail on the side, as a kind of decorative flourish. Yum.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wild rabbits aren't. Plus they're well tender because they are running so much. Try it, you'll like it.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Has anyone been to this EXCELLENT little resteraunt on Georges Road, Kemp Town? I went there on saturday night and it is by far the best place I have eaten in this town with excellent service to boot.

To start perfectly cooked baby squid which was incredibly tasty followed by rabbit with chilli mash. I nearly creamed my pants went i took and bite of the little bunny with a fork full of the mash which packed a punch but wasn't too overpowering at all.

The caramel brownie with homemade guava ice cream was a fantastic finish to a wonderful dining experience.

If you haven't been, go. You won't regret it.

What's the prices like Chappers

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Crab coriander, coconut and chilli Thai cream soup. £6.50
Chipperones ala plancha (Baby squid in white wine, olive oil, lemon, garlic and butter. £5.90
Warm goat's cheese and smoked bacon salad with a cabernet sauvignon vinaigrette. £5.90
Piquante cooking chorizos sauteed in olive oil, flambeed with sherry. £5.90
Lobster, dill and salmon fishcakes with a tangy citrus mayonaise. £6.90
Pan-fried chicken livers on a crisp potato rosti, creme de cassis shallot compote and madeira jus. £5.90
Mixed wild mushrooms (sepes, pied de mouton and oyster) in a rich cream sauce with tagelini pasta, truffle oil and crispy deep fried spinnach. £6.50
Moules marinere £5.90
Gravelax of sea trout with a sweet mustard sauce, mixed leaves. £5.90
Pan-fried red fish with wilted spinach and herb oil £5.90

Main
Guinea fowl supreme on garlic mash with smoked bacon lardons and marsala jus.
£13.50
Corn fed supreme of chicken stuffed with pistachio and pancetta, pumpkin and parsnip mash, deep fried serrano ham, maderia jus. £10.90
Cannon of lamb stuffed with cured ortiz anchovies on roast garlic potatoes, aubergines and peppers with a mint and broad bean jus. £14.90
Seared king scallops and hot smoked salmon in a piquante cream on tagliatelle. £14.50
Halloumi black olives fritatas on mixed leaves £9.50
Pan-fried fillet of seabass, parmesan and potato cake, salsa verdi and tapenade. £13.50
Roasted boned saddle of venison marinaded with rosemary and juniper served on caramelised sweet potatoes and shallots with marsala jus, game chips and madiera jus. £14.50
Meallions pork fillets mignon, pieds de mouton mushroom with cider jus and dates. £13.80
Pan-fried fillet of Scottish halibut on avacado, mozzarella and mango salsa with sweet and sour dried pepper pesto £13.90

Side Orders
Vegetables of the day £1.75
French fries £1.75
Mixed Leaf salad £1.75

Desserts
Chocolate and peanut brownie, caramel sauce and banana ice cream £4.50
Selection of homemade ice creams £3.50
Chopped strawberrys, crushed meringue, choice of 2 ice creams and berrycooli £4.50
Creme brulee £4.50
Strawberry flambe £4.00
Lemon posset £3.50

Cheese board £4.50
Coffee and Tea £2.00

Pretty reasonable i thought. 7 of us including wine and a few beers can to 280 notes. so just over 300 including tip.

All the waiters are chefs too so they can tell you all about the food. Top bombing.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
rabbit is not nice.

where i work they are running around in front of my window.

saw one last week having a fit in the car park obviously dying. went out a few hours later and it was dead stiff as a board someone had to pick himup and throw him in the bushes. i certainly wouldn't eat wild rabbit stuff they pick up

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The chef at the greys (i used to work there) once brought back a pheasant he'd hit on his scooter. Luckily he'd only run the head over so the meat was fine.

No prizes for guessing what we ate for lunch that day.

mmmmmm.

When the Rabbits get up and revolt You're going to be at the top of their hit list.

:nono:

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
really really good there.

the chef used to cook for Maddona! fact.

food is sooo good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here