Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers to accept albion role

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Kuipers to accept Albion role with Falmer testimonial From The Argus)

Michel Kuipers is to take up a non-playing role with Albion.

The Seagulls have also agreed to delay the long-serving goalkeeper's previously promised testimonial until after the move to Falmer.

Albion announced last week that Kuipers has not been offered another playing contract but had been offered a non-playing role.

Kuipers will take up the post at any time to suit him in the future, which allows the Dutchman the option of also continuing his goalkeeping career elsewhere.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brilliant news, I'm intrigued as to exactly what this non playing role actually is, mind.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Pleased that he will be with the albion in the future and that he has been allowed to continue his playing role in the meantime. Imagine the amount of love that would be going on if Kuipers was the other team's keeper at an away match :love:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Brilliant news, I'm intrigued as to exactly what this non playing role actually is, mind.

Club chef, what else would it be you plank!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
After the mortifyingly depressing news of Calderon's departure this is a lovely bit of welcome news.

Kuipers could quite easily have kicked off about only being offered a non-playing role when he's clearly still capable of playing at this level BUT he's a decent man and a true professional taking the offer with dignity and professionalism.

I don't care what he does at the club I am just DELIGHTED that he'll be with us for years to come (hopefully).

And the testimonial at Falmer is a nice touch. CANNOT WAIT

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I think the fact he was at my son's school today, the mighty Goldstone Primary, doing a bit of community work, may be a pointer as to his future role. With a guy called Nathan apparently but no idea who that would be!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Great news i wonder if his testimonial will be the first game at Falmer??? Hope they're getting someone special lined up as the opponents

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So he gets a new job and manages to stall his testimonial for 12 months so he can make a bit more money.

Alright for some eh? Bet Kerry Mayo is chuffed, having had a testimonial at Withdean and being binned to life in telesales.

Still, good to see him stay at the club :clap:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
This, is just such NICE news. its not fantasticly epic for our promotion, its not goign to benifit us as a club. and so it shouldn't. THis news is just such a heart warming bit of news and shows that Kuipers is infact one of the greatest ever albion players, if for nothing other than his sheer dedication to our club, during our recovery, and the fact the club see that he was promised Falmer within 3 yeras and yet he stayed even though it never happened during our playing career is just brilliant to see. First game at falmer should be his testimonial, he embodies everything right about the club and the spirit and dedication that is instilled by wearing the strips.

Feb 14, 2010
I'm a big fan of the Former Dutch Marine (Chef) but not testimonials. FDM got paid his wage, and it was a decent wage. Asking people from Newhaven, 'scombe, Whitehawk, Portslade, Peacehaven, Crawley, Bognor, Worthing and Hastings ect to give him a pay out when they earn less than him and in some cases are not earning at all is frankly out of order. I'm fine but I won't go to a footballers testimonial as my employer wouldn't give me a testimonial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here