Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Testimonial?

Bagpuss

Sep 27, 2010
Last summer I heard that despite Kuipers contract not being renewed for a 10th season he was going to be awarded a testimonial at Falmer in this coming close season. Has anyone else heard this, know if it's true or not? It strikes me that on the back of Crawleys success they would be natural oppo's and I can see them bringing a good number in support of Kuipers!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can't see him as being decent coaching material considering. I would have thought the non-playing role would be schmoozing on matchdays and community work during the week. I assume our AITC will be expanding.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
On what do you base the assumption that he wouldn't be decent coaching material?

I think Kuipers at his best was so good thanks to instinct and great shot stopping. Not sure that's particularly easy to teach. Some technical things which you can teach, however (eg. kicking, when to come out for a cross, distribution), were not his strengths.

D

Deleted User X18H

Dodge said it wasn't going to be this close season but next. I seem to recall he had an option to have at Withers but that spot was eventually taken by Aberdeen.

Wasn't he going to be involved with the junior seagulls or similar

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see that after their 3 goal defeat at Swindon this week when Kuipers played, Crawley have signed Rene Gilmartin on loan from Watford.

Think that probably spells the end of Michel's career at league level. Working for AITC next year and that promised testimonial perhaps?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For a while after he left he was doing the AITC stuff while playing for Crawley - I think that changed in the summer when they got promoted. He was at the school my brother teaches at regularly, now been replaced by CMS.

Can you imagine CMS in goal ? The whole of the 18 yard box wouldn't have a blade of grass after an hour :lol:

Nov 20, 2003
hove
kuipers boy Duke is now at the center of excellence ,he has coached my son numerous times and is a good gk coach, you can not beat real league experience and he knows his stuff top bloke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here