Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
kuipers

Kuipers pleased with debut display
28/11/2005

Michel Kuipers
Goalkeeper Michel Kuipers was delighted to taste first team football once more as he helped Boston United record a 2-1 win over Wrexham on Saturday.

The on-loan Brighton and Hove Albion custodian has endured a frustrating 2005 after sustaining a shoulder injury at the start of the year. However, he's fit again and made his debut for the Pilgrims at the weekend.

Speaking exclusively to bufc.co.uk, he said: "I really enjoyed it. It was great to be back involved in first team football and we came up against a very good side in Wrexham. It was a battle and I felt we defended well as a team, with the strikers starting that up front.

"We had to really dig in at times and the midfield players had really tired legs at the end of the match. Our back four was magnificent and they covered each other and were strong in the air and the important thing was to push up and not defend too deep.

United's number one
"You can sometimes drop too far and get sucked into defending deep, but we didn't do that and that was important because their midfield players tried to slide throughballs into the strikers. It is important as a keeper to stay on the front foot and sweep up anything that gets past the defence, so on the whole, I'm pleased with my debut."

Kuipers is at York Street for an initial month and he added: "I'm at Boston for a month to start with. It's great to be back in action because I've only played 45 minutes in the reserves twice this season.

"Hopefully I can build up my match fitness over the next few matches and see what develops."

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I cant help but think he is in andentity parade
newsphoto_kuipers.jpg

its him !!!!number 1!!!!!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
"Hopefully I can build up my match fitness over the next few matches and see what develops."

What does that mean? Surely he does not a long term future at Boston. ???

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
He's not likely to say "Hopefully I can build up my match fitness over the next few matches then f*** off back to Brighton in time for the Xmas games." is he?

It's all soundbites.

No I think in an NSC style there is a conspiracy here.

McGhee's constant signing of on loan keepers, couple with the fact that Dean White now handles the teams catering requirements means that Kuipers feels that he is being forced out.

It is disgraceful, I tell you, disgraceful.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Initial one month loan, then straight back into the Albion starting lineup all match fit and ring-rust free.

Boston get the services of a quality keeper for a few games, we get a quality keeper back at just the right time. Everyone is happy.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He is on quite a good wage at the Albion. It would not surprise me that if Henderson were to sign, he would be let go, which would be a massive shame.

wilbob

Oct 22, 2005
Should have been sent off for bringing Lee Mcevily down in the box! Pen not given as the ref bottled the sending off decision! He played ok though other than that.

P.S. Hope the tosser who called us goons enjoyed our support for you over Falmer!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
wilbob said:
Should have been sent off for bringing Lee Mcevily down in the box! Pen not given as the ref bottled the sending off decision! He played ok though other than that.

P.S. Hope the tosser who called us goons enjoyed our support for you over Falmer!

I suspect that may have been a tongue in cheek remark. It is generally pro-Wrexham on here given the parallels between your situation and ours in the mid '90s.

wilbob said:

Don't worry, a few of our fans just have "commitment" issues in terms of our relationships with other clubs. They probably can't hang on to a girlfriend either :)

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Don't worry, a few of our fans just have "commitment" issues in terms of our relationships with other clubs. They probably can't hang on to a girlfriend either :)

Another winners remark :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
wilbob said:

And I hope you enjoyed mine at the Racecourse.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here