Votes: 69 75.8%
  • Roberts

Votes: 22 24.2%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Who would you have as first choice?

I think Roberts is the better keeper but if Kuipers keeps us this form he should keep his place.

He has been superb in the last two games, making some magnificant saves, especially the one at Forest from the header near the end.

His kicking and commanding of the box is what lets him down but it is only a minor criticism because the rest of his game has been so superb of late.

Dave In Gloucester

Oct 19, 2003
Gloucester, UK
They are both good keepers, and they have both made some great saves in matches they have played in.

As you said, Kuipers is doing really well at the moment, and has made some great saves to help get us some points. I recon he should stay where he is at the moment while he is doing good.

:clap2:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I still don't think Roberts will be back, sorry.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think Roberts is the better all round keeper, but there's no reason at all to drop Michel who's playing really well again. Fact is, we just have 2 class keepers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
trueblue said:
I think Roberts is the better all round keeper, but there's no reason at all to drop Michel who's playing really well again. Fact is, we just have 2 class keepers.

I agree.

Roberts biggest drawback is that he is injury prone. He was at Middlesbrough too.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
In terms of SHOT STOPPING ALONE I think Kuipers is the best keeper in the division. Sometimes the kicking and box domination are not as good. If you could take Paddy Kenny's box domination and kicking (as yesterday) and Kuipers shot stopping, you would have some keeper!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BUTTERBALL said:
In terms of SHOT STOPPING ALONE I think Kuipers is the best keeper in the division. Sometimes the kicking and box domination are not as good. If you could take Paddy Kenny's box domination and kicking (as yesterday) and Kuipers shot stopping, you would have some keeper!

Gordon Banks

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Happy Seagull said:
If you think Roberts is the better keeper, then surely it wouldn't matter how well Kuipers was playing right? ???

Yes it would. They're both good 'keepers, so you can't just drop one if they're in form. But, at the start of a season, I would pick Roberts.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think Roberts is better, but he has to prove his fitness first. It doesn't look like he is going to be back for a while but I can't complain about FDM on recent form

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Kuipers for now, this will keep competion for the Number 1 place fresh and challenging. Also, it's simply fair to let Kuipers carry on playing until he either fucks up royally or gets injured. This is if Roberts does recover from his back problem, I think he will.

Richie Morris said:
Who would you have as first choice?

I think Roberts is the better keeper but if Kuipers keeps us this form he should keep his place.

He has been superb in the last two games, making some magnificant saves, especially the one at Forest from the header near the end.

His kicking and commanding of the box is what lets him down but it is only a minor criticism because the rest of his game has been so superb of late.

Bloody hell! This one's been done to death in the past. As Roberts is injured and probably will be for the foreseeable future, it's all hypothetical. Both have their strenghs and weaknesses as discussed before. As Roberts is so injury prone, I think we should be looking to offload him at the seasons end when I believe his contract is up. Else, I suspect we may well end up with another injury basket case a la Kitson, Blackwell, Rodger. Cruel and callous maybe, but in Albions financial situation, can we afford the luxury of someone on high wages who is rarely going to be fit?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Kuipers for me... just... but they are both great keepers...

You certainly cannot see MM dropping the FDM on current form, even if Roberts does get fit...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:lolol: this was done a month ago and it was 50/50

how times change

(FDM for me)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
41/10

Kuipers has been outstanding recently, even when Roberts is fit, theres no way he can make the team with kuipers in such good form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here