Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers - Ominous?

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
I really rate FDM and am desperate for him to return from loan. But this is worrying. He's obviously settled in there and may be looking for something permanent. Maybe I'm just getting worked up over nothing.

(TAKEN FROM ANANOVA):

Hull City's new on-loan goalkeeper Michel Kuipers believes the Tigers could soon be playing in the First Division.

Kuipers has joined City on a month-long deal from Brighton, and the Dutchman is convinced Hull have what it takes to rocket up the divisions.

"Hull is a club which I'm sure will win promotion this season. Everything is geared up for it and everything is in place," he told the Hull Daily Mail.

"I was at Brighton when we won the Third Division and then the Second Division. You look at Hull and I have got to say they've got an excellent chance of doing the same.

"The team spirit here is very good. The players work for each other and that is something you can't buy. You either have it or you don't. I've seen it here.

"It's a very good set-up and the stadium is superb. They are good supporters and they certainly got behind the team for the whole 90 minutes last Saturday."

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It'll be a very sad day if he is allowed to or chooses to leave... :(

My fave Albion keeper ever, and i still say better than Roberts :lolol:

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If FDM recovers 100% from his surgery, will people rate him as a better keeper than Roberts?

I like FDM better than Roberts, I can't judge who's the better keeper though being in Australia.

FDM is a club legend though, so if he left it would be very sad. If Roberts left instead, people won't care as much.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Roberts is probably on higher wages than Kuipers, being ex-Premiership. FDM is a legend and was the best keeper in Div Two two seasons ago, perhaps it might be a better idea to get rid of another keeper instead...

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I cant believe Kuipers is saying that, he was on the bench

Kuipers, look what Taylor has done to Melton, tell the tosser to shove it up his arse, if he wants one of our players, he can have that useless fucker Lee who he signed for us on a 2 year deal.

you can see my respect from Peter Taylor then..lol

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
He would hardly say, the spirit is crap, stadium is no great shakes and I can't see Hull doing much this season, oh and Taylor's a bit of a wally now would he?

We live in a world of spin.

rjc

Jul 18, 2003
Basingstoke
I agree - he has to make the right noises its what the fans expect! Look at Henderson with us. I think its good management! Coppell is keeping him sharp knowing Roberst will probably miss some games soon with his yellow card counting adding up and it saves the club some money on wages.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
chez said:
May make myself unpopular here but I dont reckon Kuipers is much cop anyway. Nowhere near as good as Roberts and as far as long term keepers go i think the only ones worse than him were Rust & Ormerod.

Mark Walton

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Best Keepers that I have seen play:

Kuipers
Roberts
Royce
Petterson
Cartwright
Ormerod
Walton
Rust
Packham

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
arent we all, Danny Webb turning out in division 1 would have been hideous(ok ok, i know it happened, but that was only about 10 minutes), he was gonna pay £25,000 for him!
who else would he have signed?
Hadland????

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I like Taylor. Hull's ground is nice too. You can see the attraction to Kuipers if they tried to get him permanently. It's a shame that he's number 2 but Roberts is the better keeper now. Could undertsand Kuipers wanting to get more medals with Hull. I don't think he'll leave though. He'll get some match practice - hopefully.. take Roberts place and keep it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here