Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Krakow

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Off to Krakow soon, can anyone recommend things to see, bars and restaurants etc, I know Auschwitz is nearby.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
The market stools in the town square really good with loads of Amber, Swords and even wild boar rugs. The best pub is called the Bull Pub which serves loads of really good Vodka and is only about 3 minutes from the main square. The best places to eat are a little restaurant with a mini theatre at the bottom end of the square. it is actually under a tower type of thing and their meat in dough is top draw. There is also an awesome restaurant by the square that does Wild Boar in Blackcurrant that is highly recommended.

It is worth going to the castle and of course the salt mines which you can get to by minibus from the station which costs about 50p return instead of about £15 as travel price for a guided tour. The mines are awesome and some of the sculptures are amazing. I would also recomerd going to the station to get a minibus type of thing to Aushwitz 1 and Birkenau as the guided tour does not give you enough time to get all the way down to the main gas chamber at the back of Birkenau.

Enjoy it mate.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was there about 15 years ago, so I suspect it has changed since then. I remember a massive square and a covered market. I bought some amber goods I seem to recall.

And DO GO to the concentration camp - its life changing.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Cheers, bha.fatboy!

NO probs mate. Moggy was there with me and he thought it was great as well. Are you staying in a hotel as we got an appartment much cheaper than a hotel and it was massive and you could have easily slept 8 in there.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Staying in the hotel Racjuz, but we got it reduced as I have relatives who work in the hotel trade. Been to Sachsenhausen Concentration camp in Berlin, moved me to tears.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
here'e inside the bulls head with fatboy very drunk and having just pulled one of the locals :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

p10100482xc.jpg

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
First time I have seen your son without hearing the noisy sod first :lolol: :lolol: :p

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
don't forget to visit wawel castle too and the salt mines.

go up near the train station and get one of the little mini-buses for the salt mines. you'll save a small fortune instead of paying for a all in trip

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
bha.fatboy said:
First time I have seen your son without hearing the noisy sod first :lolol: :lolol: :p

the drink in that place does do something to you though :drink:
so be warned langdon.
watch out for the red-eye syndrome :lolol:

shazinthebullonhalloween8pu.jpg

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Is fatboy on the left or right?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Christ your an old sod Moggy :p
morganthegreylookingstoned5wd.jpg
[/IMG]

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

i think that covers the pissed-up in krakow theme :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
And you have left your rolls uneaten!

That was incase Moggy was peckish in the night. Just noticed that Moggy is wearing another one of his numerous Burberry tops. He must be the oldest chav in town:lolol: :lolol:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Looks like a great week away then. Cheers. Is there a footie team nearby to watch?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Wisla Krakow are the biggest team in the area and there are a few smaller ones as well. Wisla did well in last years Eurpoean competition if memory serves me well.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
wislaw krakow.

didn't you buy a footy shirt of theirs fatboy ???

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
moggy said:
wislaw krakow.

didn't you buy a footy shirt of theirs fatboy ???

No mate. Could not find a shop that sold one :angry: :angry: :angry:
Nice bit of advertising by the way mate :thumbsup:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Home to Liczka Dezclin when Im there according to their website, not too sure about the red Nike shirts though. Thanx for your advise guys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here