Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knobs on the road

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
On the way back from Maidstone today:-

One van driver with the newspaper spread out across the steering wheel reading whilst travelling about 60 mph

Another idiot swerving around the lane to the left of us and when we passed him he was rolling a fag again travelling about 60 mph at least

I really don't get these people at all and it infuriates me - that is all

And breathe

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
funny lot them kentish folk...that said, my favourite is:

people who don't indicate,

cab drivers who think they have the right to force themselves through a tiny gap in the road,

cyclists in the middle of an open road,

people who stay at green lights till it goes red,

and finally...

people that roll back, and you have to beep them before they hit you.

end communication.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I came hurtling down by the pylons to turn onto the A27 and why oh why does every car in front of you break - its a filter lane FFS it infuriates me everytime

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
People that are at the front of the queue at the lights and don't pull off immediately.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Them: ''oooh it's green. Okayyy. Into first, handbrake off and, yeah, what is it next again, oh yeah accelerator...off we go!''

Me: ''You f***ing MONG''

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
funny lot them kentish folk...that said, my favourite is:

people who don't indicate,

cab drivers who think they have the right to force themselves through a tiny gap in the road,

cyclists in the middle of an open road,

people who stay at green lights till it goes red,

and finally...

people that roll back, and you have to beep them before they hit you.

end communication.

I think I can safely say the only road user you have missed out there is the very inconsiderate Hedgehog who just toodles acroos the road not giving a flying F*%* about the only car driver who is allowed on the road.....YOU!!!! :lol: :lol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dangerously slow do gooders ie the 25mph in a 30 , 40mph in a 60 etc etc , they insist on not letting you past if on a dual and seem to love causing angst in towns

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Also had one who had his indicator on for ages but wasn't sure where he was going then turned the opposite way he was indicating!!! Pleb

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
People that are at the front of the queue at the lights and don't pull off immediately.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Them: ''oooh it's green. Okayyy. Into first, handbrake off and, yeah, what is it next again, oh yeah accelerator...off we go!''

Me: ''You f***ing MONG''

Yeah that does my head in, properly selfish and ignorant.

D

Deleted member 22389

As a Driver: Drivers that still do not understand the concept of leaving a sufficient gap between them and the car in front. See it all the time. Even at 80mph, in the rain on the motorway with poor visability.

As a Driver: People that park in the no Loading Bay to do their shopping. The sign clearly reads Loading Only. (Am I wrong?)

As a Cyclist: These stupid go slow islands in the road, where the arrow on the sign shows you have priority. It still does not stop drivers ignoring it and ignoring you, and nearly pushing you in to the kerb as they come the other way.

As a Cyclist: Again These stupid go slow islands that has the cut through for cyclists. Motorists still block these which means you need cycle round the outside of them.

As a Cyclist and a Driver: Drivers that can't be bothered to wait in the queue, and then decide to drive up the opposite side of the road so they skip the queue to get up the side road. A driver did this in Rottingdean a few weeks back. Bad luck for him a car was coming the other way and he had to reverse back up the road. This fool nearly caused an accident.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Got very annoyed with an idiot driver in my village this morning. The High street has a 30mph, but this idiot decided to overtake a car doing 30. He overtook at quite some speed, causing a cyclist coming the other way to swerve off the road. He probably didn't even notice the cyclist. Could've been very nasty, but fortunately wasn't.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
People who use a mobile whilst driving, it's illegal you know and the old one, tailgaters. I don't care if they crash as long as it's not into me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As a Driver: People that park in the no Loading Bay to do their shopping. The sign clearly reads Loading Only. (Am I wrong?)
The no loading bay says "loading only?" That's confusing!

I actually had an argument with a traffic warden in Haywards Heath about this. I argued that if you're just picking something up from a shop then you are loading. She said you need to have a box weighing 20kg. There is no evidence of this on the WSCC website so I emailed them. Still no reply after 3 months.

Yes, I can be an anal bastard when it comes to these things.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nowadays driving seems like an essential thing - not a luxury when people used to walk, get the bus or train for short-distance trips. And everyone gets more impatient. There are too many cars on the road and it'll get worse. I can't stand rude drivers that hoot at the slightest thing or don't acknowledge letting them through.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot. Anyone driving faster than you is a maniac. It's a fact.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I came hurtling down by the pylons to turn onto the A27 and why oh why does every car in front of you break - its a filter lane FFS it infuriates me everytime

Calm down dear, you lady drivers are meant to be a calming influence on the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here