Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight talks to QPR

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dwayne said:
cheers for that:rolleyes:

well its your own fault for your crap title dwayne :D
Try editing it and changing it to, "I got the story first about Knight & QPR!" :glare:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The language used in that article is very uncertain

'an attempt to bring the striker to Loftus Rd'

'trying to secure the services'

'I have done my best to show him what we can offer'

All hope and no foundation at the moment

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
once again Dick Knight has f***ed up!!!
when I heard we had Leon Knight and we had a chance of signing him i wondered why didnt?!

he is a quality player, he was always going to score goals ,SC knows this.bollox to this trial period, now he,s scoring and in the shop window it could all be too late!

WHY WHY WHY did we not sign him from the off?!!!

i can just see Tottenham saying to us, "we will take Zamora on a 3 month trial, if he's any good we will sign him" like that would happen!

i ask you, this club!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Mr Popkins said:
once again Dick Knight has f***ed up!!!
when I heard we had Leon Knight and we had a chance of signing him i wondered why didnt?!

he is a quality player, he was always going to score goals ,SC knows this.bollox to this trial period, now he,s scoring and in the shop window it could all be too late!

WHY WHY WHY did we not sign him from the off?!!!

i can just see Tottenham saying to us, "we will take Zamora on a 3 month trial, if he's any good we will sign him" like that would happen!

i ask you, this club!

Boring, predictable hyperbole mate.

You might have known that Knight was "always going to score goals" Mystic Meg, but he did NOTHING last season.

I guess you knew something EVERY League manager didn't, eh? Perhaps you could scout around for some more certainties and let Mr Coppell know?

And who's to say he would have signed for us in the summer anyway? It was Leon/his agent who insisted on a SHORT loan deal this time because he got f***ed over last season.

Wozza said:
Boring, predictable hyperbole mate.

You might have known that Knight was "always going to score goals" Mystic Meg, but he did NOTHING last season.

I guess you knew something EVERY League manager didn't, eh? Perhaps you could scout around for some more certainties and let Mr Coppell know?

And who's to say he would have signed for us in the summer anyway? It was Leon/his agent who insisted on a SHORT loan deal this time because he got f***ed over last season.

You beat me to it Wozza. Did anybody else see Lou Macari and Alan Mullery talking about him on Saturday? (Yes, I know SuperPhil - I should give up my season ticket for not going to Oldham.) Mullery said he wasn't a goalscorer which Macari disagreed with. He said that Leon is the kind of player that needs a hand on the shoulder at times and a kick up the backside at times. He wasn't surprised that he flopped at Wednesday because he knew the manager there wouldn't coax him along. Apparently, SC phone Macari for his advice before the loan deal.

Also, how do we know that the loan deal wasn't Leon's idea? We try him out, he tries us out and see how it goes. How many people would be calling for Dick's head (Yes, I know :nono: ) if we'd signed him permenantly on £3k a week and he'd turned out pants. How do we know that after signing a contract that he won't stop trying and turn out to be a 2 game wonder?

Maybe none of the above are true. But remind me never to by a NSC calculator. 2 + 2 will equal either 5 or Dick Knight out.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
He whopped 20 odd goals for huddersfield and we new he had the ability and it showed in pre-season thats why we should have put a bid in earlier.:nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Knight did brilliantly at Huddersfield because Macari knew how to handle him.

He didn't do well at Wednesday because they didn't and his loan period was only short.

Steve knows how to get the best out his players.

JordanGHarris

Aug 18, 2003
He wont sign for Rangers, he is more than happy playing for the Albion.

How can he go to a side he has just banged in two against, and leave the club that beat them?

Would have to have his head up his pissin arse to turn us down, to go to Rangers.

Sidwell was a different story, look where we ended compared to Reading, this is different, we have just beaten Rangers so why go?

Its like leaving Man Utd to go to Crystal Palarseholes, what a dive that would be!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here