Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight: King or false prophet.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I was wondering what peoples reaction would be towards Dick Knight if the Falmer scheme is turned down.Would they consider the failure his fault for relying so much on a site that was controversial from the very beginning or would they say he had done the right things with the right site and that the failure to reach the promised land was down to others.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I would'nt blame Knight at all, I'd blame the bastard NIMBY :censored:

Knight & Perry have put £5m/£6m into this and also their hearts and souls, would'nt blame them at all.

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
I would'nt blame Knight at all, I'd blame the bastard NIMBY :censored:

Knight & Perry have put £5m/£6m into this and also their hearts and souls, would'nt blame them at all.

They done all they could.....:bowdown:

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Without Dick Knight we might not even have a club now fighting to get a ground at Falmer. The man has my utmost respect and gratitude forever.

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Whatever happens, I believe that DK has put everything into this Club.

Oh, and I thought it was lack of profit rather than false profit that was the problem

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The club would have folded without DK ergo this thread would have never happened ???

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Without knight we would still have a club regardless of what people say unless you can prove it vise versa of course and pointless subject.

5-6 million na more like 2-3 million in which is where zamora's bucks went and coppells etc etc.

It wouldn't be dicks thought if it calapsed as he has done what needs doing,but if he missed something then yes,but that is not goner happen.:)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
H block said:
I was wondering what peoples reaction would be towards Dick Knight if the Falmer scheme is turned down.Would they consider the failure his fault for relying so much on a site that was controversial from the very beginning or would they say he had done the right things with the right site and that the failure to reach the promised land was down to others.

No matter which way the decision goes, Dick Knight can hold his head up and be proud of what he's done. The man's done everything he possibly can to secure us a home for the next hundred years. If it all goes pear-shaped, then take it out on the disgusting pond-life NIMBY scum and this country's f***ed-up planning laws, but Dick Knight should be given a standing ovation and The Freedom Of The City :clap: :clap2: :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
nope its definately 5-6mil, Perry mentioned in his rating busting argument with Baker on SCR.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Knight: King or false prophet.

Tom Hark said:
No matter which way the decision goes, Dick Knight can hold his head up and be proud of what he's done. The man's done everything he possibly can to secure us a home for the next hundred years. If it all goes pear-shaped, then take it out on the disgusting pond-life NIMBY scum and this country's bureacratic planning laws, but Dick Knight should be given a standing ovation and The Freedom Of The City

Spot on

Nov 3, 2003
IMHO Famler is still a pipe dream and Silent was responsible for the stupidity of putting all his eggs in one basket without plan B (hopefully he will prove me wrong_ though despite what other think IMHO Falmer is a clear YES, thats not the difficult hurdle, actually financing and building it will and that IMHO is doomed to failure

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
We wouldn't have got Withdean if he hadn't had a plan for some permanent stadium. Falmer was the best. I blame the English legal system and our small-minded, anti -sport culture.
Dick Knight has put more money into our club than Mike Bamber ever did; Bamber simply raised loans which we struggled to repay over the years until Greg and Bill took over.
If Brighton was in France we would have a municipal stadium with a 20,000 capacity.
Dick Knight = Great Man

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Controversial ?

Have you ever tried to get a beach hut painted blue and white (broad stripes, of course).

They say you can have any colour as long as it is white.

By the way, what is the colour/tint of the translucent roof for Falmer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here