Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny seems to have misjudged the situation again

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The fact my post was even slightly believable just goes to show some of the self-justifying claptrap the bindippers come out with on here :thumbsup:

Oh thank *deity of choice* for that, I honestly wasn't sure which way that'd fall, on the off chance it was serious I had to shoot it down regardless (I think we've all been in those conversations before...).

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
For what they have spent, Liverpool are underachieving. Look at the relative league success over the past couple of years and those teams fighting for forth with Liverpool: Since 2006 Liverpool net spend: £83,310,000. Newcastle net spend: -£19,350,000. Newcastle have made nearly £20,000,000 in profit since 2006. Ask any Liverpool player and honest fan how they measure success and they will tell you they want the league, or best league position. The league cup is a nice trophy to keep the cup count rolling over, but the league is what will hurt them, I'm sure of it.

Do LFC fans really answer a southern Manu plastic?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh thank *deity of choice* for that, I honestly wasn't sure which way that'd fall, on the off chance it was serious I had to shoot it down regardless (I think we've all been in those conversations before...).

I wish I'd played along a bit now.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Oh behave. Liverpool have spunked millions on Caroll, Henderson, Adam and other donkeys who should be playing in the park on Sundays. Whilst keeping up with Man city is impossible, you can't tell me Liverpool have spent less than say Arsenal who are so far in front you can't see them and Newcastle who are conviniently missing from the list.

Liverpool are behind because they have spent shit loads on shit players which hasn't improved an already mediocre squad - not because they have been financially impoverished since the new owners turned up.

:thumbsup:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
They have also (bar Torres) bought appallingly badly for many seasons - Christ Knows how their scouting system works - look back over the past 10 years at who they have bought and more interestingly (bar Torres) how much they have recoupled from some of these marquee signings.

A f***ing staggering mess from a club deluded beyond belief when it comes to their place in the Premier League world order.

Everton have spent £7.89 in comparison and will finish above them.

And the f***ing excuses - oh my eyes the f***ing excuses that dribble out from that club these days. - Thoes utterly mypoic, rose-tinted bindippers are frankly in a league of their own.

It's not about anything other than this:

1. You manager is shit - and incidentally has turned into an absolutely loathsome little twat
2. Your scouting ystem could be run by the cast of Fraggle Rock and deliver better results
3. It is not 1987.
4. You are not champions of Europe
5. There is not a special 'thing' about your city. It's a miserable f***ing dump like most northern dumps.
6. Anfield is not a cathedral - its a stacdium 60% of the size of Old Trafford, smaller than Newcastle, and smaller than a number of others. Which is fair - becuase its about the truth of where you sit in English Football.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
You know as well as anyone that it's all about the League these days (or the Champions League). The fact is that any club, given the luck of the draw, can reach a Cup Final. Look at some of the teams that have been at Wembley/Cardiff in recent years. Pompey. Stoke. Cardiff. Millwall. Southampton. West Ham. It didn't make them decent teams at the time. That's where Liverpool are at currently.

United may not win anything this season (snigger), but there is no way on this earth they'd swap positions with Liverpool at the moment, cup wins or otherwise.

You are correct. Good job we got to keep Big Ears!
LFC bought poorly, but I doubt that will happen again to the same degree. You usually make 50/50 signings.... We just got all of our bad ones out of the way, although at least AC has shown some signs of life recently.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Ah, yes. 'King' Kenny. The man on whose watch Liverpool's domination on the English game ended. Thanks in no small part to his wacky signings like Jimmy Carter and David Speedie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here