Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny gone?

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
one thing, and a fluke at that. That does not make him a successful manager in Liverpool terms. They didn't even quailify for the following seasons CL (in terms of league position) that year either.

& the CL final in 2007 - Rafa may have lost the plot towards the end, but he is certainly not a failure !
This season has been a failure by their own deluded high standards. The success of the 80's has long gone (& they still cling to it)
Equally, there are many of us who - because of our great start to the season expected promotion... showing when a team is winning, expectation goes through the roof. The scousers just expect it off the back of a decent time in the late 70's/80's.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
i6Ddy.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whatever happens, KD will not be sacked.
No one person is bigger than the club.

Two statements that couldn't contradict each other more if they tried. So he could take them down to League Two, yet still not get sacked?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Two statements that couldn't contradict each other more if they tried. So he could take them down to League Two, yet still not get sacked?

Bright boy, read the whole of the post.......
Too hard for you to understand?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quotes from Liverpool fans on Twitter:

"If King Kenny leaves or is sacked, LFC will go down rapidly"

"A very sad day if it's true that King Kenny may have left the club all you so called fans should hang your heads in shame. #ynwakenny!!!"

"King Kenny is still tactically superb, the team created countless chances, the defensive lapses were few and costly, but not his fault"

And my favourtie:

"Really hope the rumours about King Kenny aren't true. We are on the cusp of something special"

:clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And my favourtie:

"Really hope the rumours about King Kenny aren't true. We are on the cusp of something special"

That has to be from an Everton fan. We are indeed on the cusp of something special, seeing Liverpool looking over their shoulder at the relegation zone in the next couple of years.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bright boy, read the whole of the post.......
Too hard for you to understand?

No I got it. You said, "no matter what, Dalglish WILL NOT be sacked", suggesting very much that HE is bigger than the club.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Liverpool are one of the big clubs and so should be holding Dalglish to account. He is simply not up to the task and never was. Unfortunatley Fenway fell into the first naive trap and let the heart of others rule the head.

The seeds for this go back to Benitez and his failure to secure long term success.

I wish Liverpool all the best. They need a strong manager or their glory days will be well and truly distant in the memory and as one poster has said, they will be Stoke.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I hate Liverpool, with a passion

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He's got to go in my opinion.

I think he has looked completely out of his depth in modern football this season,

Mind you, his side did make our beloved Albion look completely out of its depth in modern football in the FA Cup match.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No I got it. You said, "no matter what, Dalglish WILL NOT be sacked", suggesting very much that HE is bigger than the club.

What I said was "No matter what, Dalglish WILL NOT be sacked, HE WILL WALK".
Are you a s*n reader by any chance?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why will he not be sacked?
Because of his stature at Liverpool, presumably. However they will have to force him out, even if they don't publically call it a sacking for those reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here