Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny gone?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Liverpool's fans believe they are the biggest club in the world, have the greatest keeper in the world, the greatest fans in the world, the greatest manager in the world, and have a divine right to be a Top 2 club.

You hear constant arrogant pronouncements in the media from Liverpool lovers "Hodgson wasn't a big enough name to handle a club as GREAT as Liverpool" "Liverpool are a top, top club" etc.

Therefore, this season has been f***ing hilarious.

At Pitch Invasion yesterday a grown man near was loudly claiming that Liverpool had dicked everyone completely this season but were just really unluckly.
He even said the fact that Downing had put in 72 crosses without an assist was evidence of how unlucky they are (rather than evidence that he and/or their strikers are pretty poor)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sorry. 99.99% of Liverpool...

It has been very funny. You can hardly compare their season to ours, the expectations are just a WEE bit different, non?

Not much wrong with having high expectations and big dreams. It took that to deliver the Amex Stadium and get us out of our lower league mentality. Just because people fall short of their goals, doesn't mean their goals* are wrong.

* unless they're by Lewis Dunk and Liam Bridcutt of course!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not much wrong with having high expectations and big dreams. It took that to deliver the Amex Stadium and get us out of our lower league mentality. Just because people fall short of their goals, doesn't mean their goals* are wrong.

* unless they're by Lewis Dunk and Liam Bridcutt of course!

No, but the way it has all happened has been very, very funny. They've spent a ridiculous amount of money on mediocre players, while proclaiming constantly how huge they are.

I'm sorry, but you do get this from Liverpool fans at a level unlike that which you hear from Arsenal or Chelsea fans. They also chased Hodgson out of the club and got King Kenny in.

It is all very, very funny. In reality, they are no different to Everton or Fulham now. In their heads, they are still a Top 2 side.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
At Pitch Invasion yesterday a grown man near was loudly claiming that Liverpool had dicked everyone completely this season but were just really unluckly.
He even said the fact that Downing had put in 72 crosses without an assist was evidence of how unlucky they are (rather than evidence that he and/or their strikers are pretty poor)

Perfect example.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
methinks he's off upstairs. The scousers love him too much.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Strong rumour there is gonna be a strong rumour about Poyet to Liverpool if Kenny goes. :smile:

Martinez is the rumour in the press today, given the kicking they handed out to Hodgson I'm not sure the Liverpool fans would be too impressed with that appointment. Big clamour for Rafa from the scousers. Are they just going to re-appoint every successful manager until one works. Roy Evans next? The statue of Bill Shankly?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Martinez is the rumour in the press today, given the kicking they handed out to Hodgson I'm not sure the Liverpool fans would be too impressed with that appointment. Big clamour for Rafa from the scousers. Are they just going to re-appoint every successful manager until one works. Roy Evans next? The statue of Bill Shankly?

I would argue that every single successful Liverpool manager is dead already.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Liverpool's fans believe they are the biggest club in the world, have the greatest keeper in the world, the greatest fans in the world, the greatest manager in the world, and have a divine right to be a Top 2 club.

You hear constant arrogant pronouncements in the media from Liverpool lovers "Hodgson wasn't a big enough name to handle a club as GREAT as Liverpool" "Liverpool are a top, top club" etc.

110% THIS

The original plastic side and its LOVELY to watch the plastics of the 80s feel "pain".

I do mean "pain" because plastics never know what going thru real pain is when following a footbal team.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kenny should have just been wheeled out for Hillsborough day and then wheeled back in. If he goes they have to get rid completely coz whoever is in the dugout will have Ken sitting behind in the directors box.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dan Roan ‏ [MENTION=12249]Dan[/MENTION]roan
Liverpool FC are refusing to either confirm or deny speculation that Dalglish has resigned as manager. Boston review gets underway soon
Retweeted by Matt Lawton

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

And the woodwork.
SURELY he mentioned the woodwork.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I hope he stays - I don't like Liverpool and under his leadership they are clearly headed in the right direction. The only negative this season has been trying to interpret his mumbling - I do wish MOTD would use subtitles

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

That made me laugh - I think Shankly's statue would be an excellent choice and certain to make more sense than Dalgleish

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

:thumbsup:

And, as a bonus, Alan Green supports Liverpool.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
110% THIS

The original plastic side and its LOVELY to watch the plastics of the 80s feel "pain".

I do mean "pain" because plastics never know what going thru real pain is when following a footbal team.

substitute "arrogant" for " deluded" or " boring" and i'm with ya , toffs are generally a nicer bunch as far as i'm concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here