Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny gone?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Few 'good' sources on Twitter suggesting King Kenny is on his way out of Anfield after not getting backing by Liverpool owners.

Surely Gus will be gone this summer :rolleyes:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I hope he stays, I'd love another season of Liverpool underachieving.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Don't be silly. The Carling Cup and an FA Cup final were far more important than the league. The board know that King Kenny has been by far the most successful manager of a Premier League club this season. Especially more successful than Mancici and Di Matteo. (I reckon he'll get a 'promotion' with a manager coming in underneath him).

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm torn. One hand it would be hilarious to see him sacked, but on the other I am quite enjoying seeing him make a complete mess of a decent job and acting like a complete twat in the process

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hopefully he will stay for another 3 years, and guide them to their first bottom half finish in perhaps 5 decades. To do this, he will obviously need to point to some form of success to justify his position, so I'd be happy for Liverpool to win the Carling Cup in 2 years or so in order to make this happen.

It would be lovely to see Liverpool in amongst the West Broms and Stokes under "King" Kenny, especially if Roy Hodgson can lead England to a period of relative success in that time.

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Good, the miserable bastard is bad for the game. Has this Legend status because he used to be good, when in reality i think that most Liverpool fans would not be too dissapointed to see him go

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope he stays, I'd love another season of Liverpool underachieving.

I'm torn. One hand it would be hilarious to see him sacked, but on the other I am quite enjoying seeing him make a complete mess of a decent job and acting like a complete twat in the process

I want to see him and his Liverpool players continue to fail for another season at least!

These. LOLerpool have been superb entertainment this year.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not sure how well we can gloat. They still finished higher than we've ever finished in the league, equalled our best performance in the FA Cup and won the League Cup. Would love it if we had an 'unsuccessful' season like that.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Not sure how well we can gloat. They still finished higher than we've ever finished in the league, equalled our best performance in the FA Cup and won the League Cup. Would love it if we had an 'unsuccessful' season like that.

.........and they beat us 6-1 of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Liverpool's fans believe they are the biggest club in the world, have the greatest keeper in the world, the greatest fans in the world, the greatest manager in the world, and have a divine right to be a Top 2 club.

You hear constant arrogant pronouncements in the media from Liverpool lovers "Hodgson wasn't a big enough name to handle a club as GREAT as Liverpool" "Liverpool are a top, top club" etc.

Therefore, this season has been f***ing hilarious.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Liverpool's fans believe they are the biggest club in the world, have the greatest keeper in the world, the greatest fans in the world, the greatest manager in the world, and have a divine right to be a Top 2 club.

You hear constant arrogant pronouncements in the media from Liverpool lovers "Hodgson wasn't a big enough name to handle a club as GREAT as Liverpool" "Liverpool are a top, top club" etc.

Therefore, this season has been f***ing hilarious.

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. Everyone has a unique viewpoint. Etc.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. Everyone has a unique viewpoint. Etc.

Sorry. 99.99% of Liverpool...

It has been very funny. You can hardly compare their season to ours, the expectations are just a WEE bit different, non?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Want him to be sacked, but fancy another year of them failing. Reason he hasnt been sacked already is because he is the messiah there - how bad will they have to do so that he gets sacked ?

Yes they are in the league above us, but they have targets to meet - and they are just on a downward slope. £150 Million was spent basically to win 1 Carling Cup - if i was the owner id be fairly annoyed to say the least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here