Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin phillips

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Now wouldnt this be a signing?
Out of Contract and just the kind of player to share his experiance and pop up with a few important goals. One against the saints would really get em moaning again too!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
:facepalm:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't understand why Kevin Phillips is repeatedly linked with us. This isn't a criticism of the thread starter, I just find it bizarre that the same rumour seems to re-ignite every few months.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thats a brilliant suggestion! why has no one thought of him before?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im sure with Birmingham in the Championship that they may now reconsider.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
just wanting to see other people's views on a realistic target. rather than talkin about pointless transfer rumours (owen)
surely gus would be looking at some1 like this as he says he wants strikers with differant qualities?
experiance to help barnes....or we could go for mark mccammon...hes got experiance at this level (thats a joke dw)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Im sure with Birmingham in the Championship that they may now reconsider.

Exactly. Can't see they'll be so quick to let him go now, as he'll be perfect for them, especially if they lose a few of the strikers at the club. Let's face it, the likes of Obafemi Martins and Zigic aren't going to be keen to stick around, and will have other teams show an interest. Likewise, Cameron Jerome, and possibly Matty Derbyshire. Phillips could become a big part of their plans very soon.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Now wouldnt this be a signing?
Out of Contract and just the kind of player to share his experiance and pop up with a few important goals. One against the saints would really get em moaning again too!

Spotted in Brighton Lanes today !!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Someone at work has been telling me this afternoon that Birmingham are allegedly facing some financial strife, having failed to financially prepare for the possibility of relegation.

My source is rubbish, but local, so it seemed appropriate to post.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
To be fair, it was a silly suggestion last season but now us and Birmingham are both in the same league, He's out of contract and he's gonna want to go to a team where he's gonna play, I think he'd be a decent signing on a free.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Someone at work has been telling me this afternoon that Birmingham are allegedly facing some financial strife, having failed to financially prepare for the possibility of relegation.

My source is rubbish, but local, so it seemed appropriate to post.

I don't think it's any secret they have financial problems, it was all over 5-live all weekend, I don't think Caersten Yeoung has a pot to piss in. I would think they may be looking to offload some of their playing staff but as McGleish is staying, presumably they will hang on to their best in the hope of am immediate bounce back up to the prem.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
jesus

Yes, lets get some Birmingham strikers in, with their ratio of scoring goals we,ll be chasing promotion in no time. I DON'T THINK SO.

awful comment. phillips record is very impresive...ur telling me you wouldnt take him just for a classic tap in against palace or the saints. experiance that barnes could learn from and a few goals along his way.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Definitely coming - all players signed this summer will be connected in some way to Watford FC - heard an unsubstantiated rumour that Luther Blissett is having a trial next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here