Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Phillips: Brighton are a team on the up, fantastic stadium, terrific atmosphere

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Nice comments, and nice to finally get it confirmed that the rumours were true all along. :lol:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm surprised he was left out of the Birmingham side so often last season - they could have done with someone who knew where the goal is.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Always has been a class act, and someone I'd have loved to see us sign. Still has plenty in the tank on todays evidence.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
To be honest I always just knew him as a clinical finisher who does his best work in the six yard box, but he was far more than that today. He was picking the ball up quite deep at times, spreading play, chipping in through balls and generally making Blackpool tick. Their best player by an absolute mile.

Spot on. His all-round play was top draw throughout.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Yeah he was the real difference for Blackpool today, he was amazing properly the best player on the pitch with Noone (who we should never have taken off) but i thought Blackpool was a average team, without Phillips we would have won easily.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The 2nd goal was that good that I had to stop myself applauding.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would have been great short term answer but would we have got CMS AND Hoskins as well? 100% understand reason given for not relocating, not like he's playing for a crap L1 side it's same standard, same pay, but local and Blackpool are a good well run club clearly

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Proper old-school CF. Buried both their chances (there were only two if I remember correctly?) Class will always out...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Without him I doubt Blackpool would have got the draw. Tho of course we SHOULD have had a pen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here