Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Phillips: Brighton are a team on the up, fantastic stadium, terrific atmosphere

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Kevin Phillips admits he discussed a move to Brighton & Hove Albion after the striker earned the plaudits with his brace in Blackpool's 2-2 draw at the AMEX Stadium.

The veteran striker left Birmingham City at the end of last season and eventually opted for a deal with fellow relegated side Blackpool.
He has quickly settled into his new club and proved to be the scourge of one of his suitors by scoring twice as Blackpool came from 2-0 down to salvage a point.

"I had a good chat with Gus Poyet but signing for Blackpool meant I didn't have to relocate," said Phillips.

"I think Brighton are definitely a team on the up. There was a terrific atmosphere in a fantastic stadium and it was a competitive and hard-fought match."

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Great player. Blackpool would be a nothing team without him based on today's performance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quality 2nd goal - fair play to him

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can understand his decision, relocating his family for two years (probably at the most) would cause too much disruption. Good luck to him, he's a fine player.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
To be honest I always just knew him as a clinical finisher who does his best work in the six yard box, but he was far more than that today. He was picking the ball up quite deep at times, spreading play, chipping in through balls and generally making Blackpool tick. Their best player by an absolute mile.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Seems only fair to acknowledge a quality finish from Kevin Phillips for their second today. Their fans must be over the moon to have signed him.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
To be honest I always just knew him as a clinical finisher who does his best work in the six yard box, but he was far more than that today. He was picking the ball up quite deep at times, spreading play, chipping in through balls and generally making Blackpool tick. Their best player by an absolute mile.

this, nice comments too, fair play to him

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
fair play to him for a fella his age as sharp as ever. read karen bradys column in the sun this morning and she said something about his body fat ratio being amazing compared to others. shame about his location sounds like he enjoyed his afternoon down here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here