• Unsure

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Only in the team as f*** all else

Votes: 23 31.1%

• Total voters

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I'd say that if Jones was still at the club he'd be keeping Mayo out of the side but until someone better joins us he'll keep playing.

Fantastic servant to the club and definately need to keep him as a squad player but I think he's currently a bit of a weak link.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He was never up to the job in the first place!! Hence why he was playing in the side that nearly went out of the football league!!

Loyal servant to the club, yes. However in all honesty where else was he going to go??

Last night's performance was up there with the worst I've ever seen in an Albion shirt.

Sorry Kerry time to go.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Releasing Jones and keeping Mayo was a poor decision I am afraid.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Err, without much cover as it is and Reid out for ages we can hardly be choosey, whether he is or is not good enough, we can hardly do without him at the moment.

It wont be long bofore DW makes appeals on here for fit players willing to make up the numbers

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I wish everyone would just lay off Kerry :angry: :angry:

He isn't a bad left back. He may not have pace, but he is solid and gives 110%.

At this level given a run of games he is more than good enough.

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
_wilka_ said:

+1:clap2:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Arthur said:
He was never up to the job in the first place!! Hence why he was playing in the side that nearly went out of the football league!!

erm as well as being in the side that has won two Championships and won a play off final!

Strange comment!

I agree he is not on top form at the moment, but them who is?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
_wilka_ said:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Solid, dependable defender/midfielder who is prone to blunders, but always gives 110%.

It's interesting that there are some out there who say they don't mind a player not quite being up to the task if they give their all and are not cheating the club or the fans - and then make this exception for Kerry Mayo.

To say he is one of the worst ever to play in the stripes is just plain idiotic. I know it's about opinions, but isn't it interesting that Steve Gritt, Brian Horton, Micky Adams, Steve Coppell, Peter Taylor and Mark McGhee all disagree with that notion?

There have been many contenders for the left-back position, yet the Ginger Prince marches on...

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He can still do a job for us in this league. He seems to be very much a confidence player - It can't help with people ripping into him every five minutes.

TLO is right. Managers that we have 'worshipped' have used him well and her has always fought back for his place.

Over the last few years our defence have been under immenser pressure, so there is no surprise that there are going to be mistakes.

Kerry Mayo :clap:

I personally think he is quite handy going forward and he has a decent shot on him. Is he our targetman? :D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here