Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo RETIRES from professional football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame, best of luck to him. He seems to have been around so long it's hard to believe he's only 31

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Shame it had to end like this but well done to him on a great career at the albion.
Good luck to him for whatever he chooses to do.
I'm sure we will see him in the next few years involved with coaching at the albion.
:wave:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
I thought kerry's best season was when he was playing as a left wing back for copell in the championship. Position seemed to suit him and after the disaster of the first half of the season, saw Brighton holding their own against some strong opposition. Shame we went down. Kerry was very much part of what was almost a great escape.
Good luck Ginger Prince.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Sad news.

Treated shabbily by a minority of supporters who forgot what a loyal servant he was to the club he loved. An Albion great and left back during a great period in the club's history.

Kerry - If you read this, good luck for the future...You can come and give me a hand coaching my kids team if you like :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Shame it had to end like this but well done to him on a great career at the albion.
Good luck to him for whatever he chooses to do.
I'm sure we will see him in the next few years involved with coaching at the albion.
:wave:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I've said that for a couple of years now, though not necessarily a coach or manager here. Watching him in the reserves, you can see that he does have excellent organisational skills. Really.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
“A friend of mine has also got a buildings insurance company selling to pub landlords with freehold properties and there’s a chance I could help him with that.”

I thought he said he was going to do roofing when he retired. Perhaps the pain he's experiencing has put him off climbing ladders, as he says it's painful climbing out of bed!

Good luck whatever the future brings, Kerry. It's been a pleasure watching you over the years. :clap2: :ascarf:

I can now officially start feeling old, as all the time Kerry was still around, it didn't seem possible that the Goldstone days were so long ago!

Very sad for Kerry as he is still relatively young although probably better than a season with MA and the old boys at Vale :p

A rarity in the modern game and his loyalty should never be questioned.

Good luck for the future and I am sure he will have many happy memories from his proud Albion days :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here