Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kennels - any recommendations?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Hello all,

I have two 'lively' labradors and need to find a boarding kennels for them, as our usual one (Pridelands near Ringmer) is fully booked for the times we need.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've heard some horror stories about Coriecollies near Lewes so that is a no-no.

Thanks in anticipation :)

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Old Clayton Kennels near Washington looks nice - anyone used that?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Try NMH he appears to know a few dogs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't really help you, we used to use Long Furlong, Findon.
Or lab loved it, but when our retriever went, he sat in silence for 2 days then went proper stir crazy.

We now put them in stables!

They now go off with the horses into the woods, and come home filthy.
The people thought they'd lost our lab, on a long walk, they finally found him, back at the stables, curled up in bed.

I can imagine after about half an hour out, he sat there, gave the group 'the paw' turned on his heels to wander 'home'.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Benwicks Peacehaven is nice, just had the dog in there while misses was in labour they where brilliant with him

The last time my wife left her dog there it died :-| That was a long time ago mind you.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
My boss just left his dog for 3 weeks in corie collies in lewes.

The dog was hit by a car and really sick so they nearly cancelled their holiday....by all accounts they were excellent...took him to the vets several times and looked after him really well which was pretty good of them as apparently he was pretty fooked up and he expected them to say they wouldnt take him.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
The last time my wife left her dog there it died :-| That was a long time ago mind you.

Probs give it a miss then, they been brilliant with ours even helped with his fear of dogs

that said there bird in reception is genius, likes its formula one but dont like Schumacher to much :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Old Clayton Kennels near Washington looks nice - anyone used that?

This, it is superb and I have taken my Dogs here for over 10 years. This is the best kennels around and you can go away knowing your Dog is being looked after very well.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
This, it is superb and I have taken my Dogs here for over 10 years. This is the best kennels around and you can go away knowing your Dog is being looked after very well.

Awesome - thanks US and everyone else.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Have you tried Doodley Dogs - just opened up in Shoreham, along Dolphin Road. I had a look round their "suites" which seem really nice. I've been using the Storrington one and the people who run both centres are really great.

Welcome To Doodley Dogs | Doodley Dogs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here