Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown leaves, Martin Perry retiring in July '14

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That is big news. Mind you, Perry not going until 2014. Wonder where Brown is going? I mis-read the last paragraph. Instead of Robert Comer. I originally read Robert Codner!!!!

LOl..!

Pleased that Rob Comer is staying on the Board of Directors, although stepping down as Finance Director. Really nice guy and very approachable. Anyone needing a local accountant, who is good......wont go far wrong with his firm, CCI accountants in Brighton. Always looks after Brighton supporters.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tony will want the best that's available for these roles.

When he was on the Roar and we asked him about various aspects of the club, his stock answer was often 'Ask Martin...', 'Ask Ken...', 'Ask Derek...'. He seems to come across as a chap who, while retaining total control, will allow his board and staff to operate without excessive interference.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey slated for ''zzzzz'' to put record straight this was me going bak to sleep...been up all night with a stomach bug.

I was not slating Argus...dont think i have ever.
Perry i recognise the huge amount of work he has put into the Amex and the ongoing work
Brown ..don't really know so much about him...but hey.

Hope this puts record straight

Soz chaps....now its zzzz (bak to sofa)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Blimey slated for ''zzzzz'' to put record straight this was me going bak to sleep...been up all night with a stomach bug.

I was not slating Argus...dont think i have ever.
Perry i recognise the huge amount of work he has put into the Amex and the ongoing work
Brown ..don't really know so much about him...but hey.

Hope this puts record straight

Soz chaps....now its zzzz (bak to sofa)

Flounce much.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
This.

When Naylor's exclusives have been revealed here days before, it's pretty irritating, but this time it seems he has revealed something that NSC didn't know, so fair doos.

I will also take this opportunity to say:

Thank you Martin, for everything you have done for us. [tony tiger]You're grrrrreat![/tony tiger]

Lets not go overboard about the Argus. It's a small town rag riddled with errors (I do still buy it though). This is BHA news and you can read it on the club website. It doesn't need an Andy Naylor exclusive.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Christ the guy (Perry) is allowed to retire. He cant go on FOREVER. He would probably try but he deserves a rest after all his hard work!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
216437_10150152958362012_658252011_6934434_6000488_n.jpg

:bowdown:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would imagine he will want this project to be the culmination of what has been a very successful career. We're very lucky to have him in charge of making the training ground happen.

I agree. He has been brilliant at pushing the ground to completion. That's where his talent clearly lies. I never did think he was the best person to run, or be the public face of, the club though especially when we moved to the AMEX and we became a multi-million pound business. I have touched on this before especially at the start of this season.

Onwards and upwards!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The board has been quite split, some new-ish members crept in fairly recently that upset the apple cart a bit. Kind of surprised Ken Brown has gone, but from my limited exposure, he never really fit into any of the 'cliques' that there were within the boardroom.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This will probably represent the next, and possibly final, step away from the cottage-industry Albion that we know and loved during the Withdean years.

The progress made in the last year has been simply extraordinary but there's still some of those little bumbling moments that make us all go 'typical Albion' when they occur. Tony Bloom will want those last elements of amateurism gone for good.

The Albion are big business now and anyone not up to the task won't be around to see it for long.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I may be WAY off the mark, but on the couple of occasions I met Ken Brown, or saw him at a Fans Forum, bless him but he always struck me as the weak link who was well out of his depth, even given his track record at other clubs.
His fumbled answers at Fans Forums to relatively straight forward questions were quite embarrassing sometimes...

All the best to him for the future though.

MP I have got the utmost time for and he will be missed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The board has been quite split, some new-ish members crept in fairly recently that upset the apple cart a bit. Kind of surprised Ken Brown has gone, but from my limited exposure, he never really fit into any of the 'cliques' that there were within the boardroom.

He wasn't liked when he was at Milwall. I don't think he'll be missed. Bloom will get someone who will be a good managing director, I'm sure of it.

It's a shame that Perry is retiring but he deserves it after all the hard work that he's done already and will be doing for the next two years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here