Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown leaves, Martin Perry retiring in July '14

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A bar is and never has been enough. Dick Knight is a once-in-a-lifetime figure at the Albion. I can't imagine how there will ever be anyone as important again. The very least there should be is a statue, and I certainly wouldn't object to a Bloom one alongside him (although I guess this can't happen while he is our chairman, unless he develops a huge ego). I've even identified the spot. It should be at the top of the path from the station just before you arrive at the club shop. Make it happen!

I agree. And to add to that the stands should be named to honour those who worked tirelessly to get us our new home ( and financed it ) :

North Stand = The Knight Stand
West Stand = The Bloom Stand
East Stand = The Perry Stand
South Stand = The Fans United Stand

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Martin Perry you're a star.

Nobody has commented on the fact that Derek Chapman is stepping up to the role of interim Chief Honcho (to fill the Ken Brown role).

Derek is a real fan and one of us. And this is good news, even if it is only a stop-gap measure. To be honest, I have been slightly concerned over the past couple of years to be seeing new members of the board being appointed from what appears to be a pool of "mates of Tony Bloom" - who, possibly, don't have much of a background in football (or Albion supporting). But, if Derek Chapman is now at the centre of the inner circle, I'm reassured.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think two statues should be at the station approach, Eather side just as you approach the stadium have a statue of martin perry and dick knight, so Liverpool have the gates, we have the statues lol

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nobody has commented on the fact that Derek Chapman is stepping up to the role of interim Chief Honcho (to fill the Ken Brown role).

Derek is a real fan and one of us. And this is good news, even if it is only a stop-gap measure. To be honest, I have been slightly concerned over the past couple of years to be seeing new members of the board being appointed from what appears to be a pool of "mates of Tony Bloom" - who, possibly, don't have much of a background in football (or Albion supporting). But, if Derek Chapman is now at the centre of the inner circle, I'm reassured.

A decent sort indeed, always patient and professional in my experience.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Martin Perry can retire knowing that few people in the history of the Albion have contributed as much to the club as he has.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'd just really love it if we used the British term 'Chief Executive', which is how Martin has always been defined, rather than 'CEO', which is as American as soccer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Martin Perry can retire knowing that few people in the history of the Albion have contributed as much to the club as he has.

Is this a 'Never in the field of footy conflict...' I feel coming up? A statue epitaph?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Blimey slated for ''zzzzz'' to put record straight this was me going bak to sleep...been up all night with a stomach bug.

I was not slating Argus...dont think i have ever.
Perry i recognise the huge amount of work he has put into the Amex and the ongoing work
Brown ..don't really know so much about him...but hey.

Hope this puts record straight

Soz chaps....now its zzzz (bak to sofa)

Ha ha, this has to be one of the lamest posts Lamie, I've read since joining NSC. You're actually saying that you typed zzzzz to let everyone know you're drifting off to sleep with no reference at all to the thread you're posting on...:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here