Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeper

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Argus reckon if we don't get Blayney we will have a young french international goalkeeper from a top french club! Any ideas who? Sounds exciting or is it a ploy to put pressure on Saints to sell?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
it certainly isnt a ploy to put pressure on the saints.

I think MM will of had a couple of other options in his mind in the event of the blayney deal collapsing

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
southampton definately pissing us about

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
i dont thnik they are......

If they dont want him then we will have him.

If they want to keep him or we dont bid enough then they will keep him.

Simple

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
As I understand it Southhampton have valued him at £75,000 and we are not prepared to pay this much. To me this seems a very reasonable price for a quality keeper.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
If Balyney falls through it looks like the back 4 better get learning french soon. "Moi Ballon" is a starter

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If we dont get Blayney then I will question the way we went about it, to me it seems as if we went in with pennys and refused to go much higher meaning Southampton got pissed off and just said "go away!".

As for the French dude, what is the french for "welcome to Lego Withdean, home of Athletics in Brighton!" D

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Marc said:
If we dont get Blayney then I will question the way we went about it, to me it seems as if we went in with pennys and refused to go much higher meaning Southampton got pissed off and just said "go away!".

and you will be told that the money was needed for the Black hole created ultimately by the sale of the Goldstone. However, I agree with you that if true Balney is worth £75,000 as his experience and knowledge of our team could save us precious points in the early games

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Stinky Kat said:

and you will be told that the money was needed for the Black hole created ultimately by the sale of the Goldstone. However, I agree with you that if true Balney is worth £75,000 as his experience and knowledge of our team could save us precious points in the early games

heh yeah but this time I'll tell DK to shut up (for once) because there was plenty of that from Virgos sale, a pultry £75,000 goes a long way to ensuring Championship safety in my book. Then again whose to say that McGhee does'nt rate him as that much? maybe he dont!

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
this is nothing to do with the blackhole...

MM was given money and if we cant just give them the £75,000 then MM needs his head checked......blayney is class and their is no gamble involved in coughing up a fair price for such a talent.

Something is seriously wrong if we dont sign him.He only wants to play for us

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
perhaps MM sees FDM as his number 1 and sees 75k as a large amount for somebody may be a reserve in weeks to come - grabbing straws

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
i dont think he see's FDM as number 1......

You cant put so much faith into someone so injury prone......and MM isnt that stupid as he has openly said that he wants a keeper.

And £75,000 for a young talent who could come in straight away and provide us with years of service is not a gamble.

Its a bargain....we should be ripping their hands of for £75,000

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
At the Fans Forum they said that they had made the offer and are still waiting for them to get back to us. The offer was apparently less than Harry gambled at the races the other day!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Brighton Boy said:
i dont think he see's FDM as number 1......

You cant put so much faith into someone so injury prone......and MM isnt that stupid as he has openly said that he wants a keeper.

And £75,000 for a young talent who could come in straight away and provide us with years of service is not a gamble.

Its a bargain....we should be ripping their hands of for £75,000

Agree. In time the truth may be revealed.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Agree with the sentiment above, 75k is an absoulte bargain for a decent young keeper, we could easily develop him and sell for a massive profit a couple of years down the line, a bit of a no brainer for me.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
Agree with the sentiment above, 75k is an absoulte bargain for a decent young keeper, we could easily develop him and sell for a massive profit a couple of years down the line, a bit of a no brainer for me.

But the hold up is nothing to do with the fee. That seems to have been agreed and it has gone up, but not trebled.

The hold up is the fact that Southampton do not know the situation with Niemi and so are no willing to sell their third keeper until that Niemi situation is resolved.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why can't wideboy 'Arry give him to us on a months loan? Then come the close of the transfer window he'll know whether Niemi is stying or going and can decide what to do about Blayney then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here