Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Fleetwood?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I read that Stuart Fleetwood would like to extend his loan period - but I think that the club should buy him now. There's something about Fleetwood that tells me he will succeed at this level (or even higher). The teams that have really impressed me this season (eg Scunthorpe) are built on speed of thought and movement - something that is lacking right through the current squad.

If we loan him for rest of season and he really delivers, we will be struggling to keep him beyond then...Charlton will up the asking price and there'll be richer predators than us queuing for his signature. Get Fleetwood on a contract now - a gamble worth taking in my opinion.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I hope that Fleetwood does want to stay and that it's not all just Little Lies.

Mind you, if he does stay in some capacity (either loan or permanently), let's hope he doesn't prove to be an Albatross around our necks.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive only seen him play 2/3 times, but I have been impressed with him each time, I think we should sign him now. Pace is something that we are lacking upfront and he will score goals if he gets a run in the team

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this the prelude to Fleetwood + cash for Murray to go to Charlton. I wouldnt think or hope so as they have not yet announced a new manager and who ever that is may have different views on both Fleetwood and Murray.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was well pleased when we got Fleetwood, but have been totally unimpressed every time I've seen him.

I wasn't at Swindon though, and hear he did well, so hopefully he'll kick on, get some goals, and play a part in a more positive line up.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The article on the official site has Forster singing Fleetwoods praises. Considering how much he seems to bitch at Murray when they're playing together, I would'nt be suprised if something happens on the striker front.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I hope that Fleetwood does want to stay and that it's not all just Little Lies.

Mind you, if he does stay in some capacity (either loan or permanently), let's hope he doesn't prove to be an Albatross around our necks.

I agree, there'd be Big Love if he did stay but I'd be surprised if he didn't Go Your Own Way. You know what these footballers are like - always looking for the Seven Wonders:jester:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Is this the prelude to Fleetwood + cash for Murray to go to Charlton. I wouldnt think or hope so as they have not yet announced a new manager and who ever that is may have different views on both Fleetwood and Murray.

I hope not - if we're serious about building a decent squad, Murray has to be part of the equation. We shouldn't expect Forster to play 40+ games next season - some rotation of our strikers will be essential.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I agree, there'd be Big Love if he did stay but I'd be surprised if he didn't Go Your Own Way. You know what these footballers are like - always looking for the Seven Wonders:jester:

Well, maybe he's a Family Man (is his wife/girlfriend called Rhiannon, by any chance?) and if they're enjoying life here, that might help to sway his decision.

Maybe he just wants Adams to Say You Love Me to convince him to sign on the dotted line.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Can we afford to keep such loan players bearing in mind we've contracts for the likes of Mayo, Hart, Loft, Robinson etc... to fork out on for the 2009/10 season?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Well, maybe he's a Family Man (is his wife/girlfriend called Rhiannon, by any chance?) and if they're enjoying life here, that might help to sway his decision.

Maybe he just wants Adams to Say You Love Me to convince him to sign on the dotted line.

Do you know what tho - despite that, when he does score I heard he does a wicked Tango in the Night

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I read that Stuart Fleetwood would like to extend his loan period - but I think that the club should buy him now. There's something about Fleetwood that tells me he will succeed at this level (or even higher). The teams that have really impressed me this season (eg Scunthorpe) are built on speed of thought and movement - something that is lacking right through the current squad.

If we loan him for rest of season and he really delivers, we will be struggling to keep him beyond then...Charlton will up the asking price and there'll be richer predators than us queuing for his signature. Get Fleetwood on a contract now - a gamble worth taking in my opinion.

Post of the day. Fleetwood is a great player at this level and it's telling that Forster singled him out for praise after the Swindon game.

He certainly wouldn't be an ALBATROSS around our necks. (edit - damn you Frutos. You're too clever by half)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He certainly wouldn't be an ALBATROSS around our necks. (edit - damn you Frutos. You're too clever by half)

You'll have to do better than that if you have any Dreams of keeping up with supaseagull and myself in the Fleetwood Mac pun stakes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps MA sees it as the answer to have Forster. Murray Fleetwood any of 2 from 3 with the other to come on when needed and with Forster's age it could be Fleetwood and Murray to start more often. That is certainlya lot better than we have if he goes back to Charlton or Murray leaves in January.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sounds good to me.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Charlton were struggling to find the cash to pay off their manager so I doubt very much they will be able to afford the sort of cash I would hope we would be looking for for Murray.

Also, without a manager why would they be looking at bringing someone new in?

As far as a deal involving Fleetwood for Murray I would have mixed feelings. One the one side yes, it would mean we had a decent ish replacement. But, it would also reduce any fee we would get which would be a pain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here