Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Bennet at right back until Calde's back

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Just a thought but we looked really solid with Bennet at right back last night and El Abd played another blinder in the centre. I've yet to see Bennet play badly at right back and I think he's a better option in that position than El Abd who has developed a very good understanding with Greer. We need to start keeping clean sheets again to maintain our position and I don't feel confident in Elphick at the moment. Play Barnes or Holroyd right wing Saturday and see how they get on. If it doesn't work we'll have the option of bringing Elphick on and push Bennet forward.

Oct 25, 2003
i also think he's very good at right back, BUT we do miss out on his superb offensive play with him there.......he is probably our most creative midfielder

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still prefer the option of moving El Abd to RB and slotting the Elf back in with Greer. Without Bennett further up the pitch, we're going to struggle to break down teams looking for a point.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I really like Bennett at right back, lower league Dani Alves, but we lose so much attacking wise when he is back there because we have no other wide players to replace him at the moment. who knows get Noone in and available for Orient (doubtful I would have thought) and it could be a very serious option.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I still prefer the option of moving El Abd to RB and slotting the Elf back in with Greer. Without Bennett further up the pitch, we're going to struggle to break down teams looking for a point.

Spot on

Maybe if we had a left midfielder we could take a chance with Bennett at RB but no chance until we sign one. We NEED him creating

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Kish at RB. I read somewhere on here someone questioning his ability at 37 to cope with Cox. In ten years time he will still have enough nouse to cope with Cox's limited and predictable abilities.

Don't break up the Greer and El-Abd partnership.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Kish at RB. I read somewhere on here someone questioning his ability at 37 to cope with Cox. In ten years time he will still have enough nouse to cope with Cox's limited and predictable abilities.

Don't break up the Greer and El-Abd partnership.

Exactly right. Keep the CBs together. I like Bennett at RB but he's too big a sacrifice there, so Kish can step back into a role he knows well. Cox? Don't make me laugh.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Gotta be Kish or Tanno at RB with Bennett back to doing what he does best. Can't disrupt the Greer/El-Abd partnership unnecessarily. One change at the back shouldn't rock the boat too much but shifting El-Abd and bringing Tommy in means wholesale changes to the back 4 which is never good

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bennett needs to be in midfield, simples

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Benno is a great right back, let's get him out of that position before a premier league club comes in and signs our best player.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Agreed - Esp as it's a home match Sat. We clearly only have one winger playing in Bennett and not enough width hence why I wouldn't play him RB Sat...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here