Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keane to join Leicester for £3m ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I saw that in the Telegraph this morning ans nearly choked on my bacon.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Keane hasn't had a decent game for anyone other than the Republic for ages.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
How the hell does Sven seem to get these plum jobs with loads of cash at his desposal? I would love to see what he would be like managing a team without top players or loads of cash!

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
I wonder if that was his boyhood "Dream Club" that he always wanted to play for. Oh no that was Liverpool and Celtic and possibly Totenham

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I wonder if that was his boyhood "Dream Club" that he always wanted to play for. Oh no that was Liverpool and Celtic and possibly Totenham

Well no, just Liverpool and Celtic. Perfectly understandable - if I was a footballer I would say the same about playing for the Albion & Celtic, plenty on here would say Albion & Rangers, or other teams around Europe.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Splashing out the cash doesn't guarantee anything - will take time for these guys to settle, get to know each other and adapt to styles and the way Sven wants to play. They're still one of the obvious favourites but it's a roll of the dice for sure and there are plenty of other strong candidates for the 2 auto berths.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
crikey that would be one helluva squad...however, with so many other strong teams this year, its going to be really close and down to the wire for automatic and playoff places I think!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Keane said recently on SSN that he doesn't want to play in the Championship because he feels he is still a premiership player..

If they pay him 40k a week I really don't think he'll give a shit. I think £3 million is actually a fair price but not when you factor in his wages!! If Leicester don't make the grade this year they'll be f***ed surely?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure if Leicester screw up this season and don't get promotion they may find themselves in deep financial problems.

Considering that it was Leicester City's promotion on the back of unsustainabile finances in 2002/03 that resulted in the introduction of points deductions for entering administration, it would certainly appear that some clubs never learn. And that the system has not really changed. A bit like the economic/banking system.

If one thing has been proven, big money men don't always equate to stable regimes.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
remember last season and Boro went for it and were clear favourites. They imploded and and now look at them. A mid table at best chapmionship side with attendences averaging around 16-18,000. So just because you buy big it dosen't mean you will get success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here