Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I feel much better now after hearing that :clap2:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Yeah and Gretna were the 8-0 victors - you know that village with the wedding anvil and all those seedy motels just as you cross the Scottish border!!!

Spose that the equivalent to us getting stuffed by Bognor!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
1973/4? Lost 8-2 to Bristol Rovers.

Clough "Were the first team to put two past them this year"

Legend.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Biscuit said:
1973/4? Lost 8-2 to Bristol Rovers.

Clough "Were the first team to put two past them this year"

Legend.

Biccy ... I was there!!!!

Total humiliation .... yet strangely it was the start of great times for our club!!!

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
gretan are carlises nearest rivals

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hiney said:
Sorry to be a complete f***ing anorak, but wasn't Cloughie's frist game against York City at the beginning of November that year?

The other great humiliation was losing 4-0 at home to Walton & Hersham 3 days before the Bristol Rovers game.

Ian .... did I say it was???? (very clever bit of editing!!!)
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Either age or alcohol!!!!! But you are quite right ... I have only just remembered the Walton and Hersham result!!!

ooooooppppppppssssssss!

:blush:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
then Leatherhead, the next season? 3-0 at home...Kelly the Lip I seem to remember

My that was a fun afternoon

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
was a sad sad day to be a :bowdown: Cowdenbeath :bowdown: fan yesterday....dont think I'll get over that for sometime :nono:

The point about Gretna is that they are by far the biggest spenders in the lower leagues. In fact, over the summer only Celtic and Rangers spent more on new players in Scotland. Imagine a team newly arrived into League 2 being beaten in the spending stakes only by Chelsea and ManUre. The fact that they are not top of the table is a sign of almost abject failure, no matter what it looks like at first glance.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
where they get that money from Russion Oil dealer? The Mighty Blue Brazil need something like that :)

Incidently I came up with the GENIUS idea on Saturday of buying a Blue Brazil shirt and getting COWDENBEATH written on the back punk:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
CrabtreeBHA said:
where they get that money from Russion Oil dealer? The Mighty Blue Brazil need something like that :)

Incidently I came up with the GENIUS idea on Saturday of buying a Blue Brazil shirt and getting COWDENBEATH written on the back punk:

Wow. That is genius Crabbers. So clever, Blue-Brazil being the nickname for Cowdenbeath, you putting two and two together and buying a blue Brazil shirt with Cowdenbeath on it? You must be a very clever man.

:lolol:

Bad day all round on Saturday.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I sense some mockingness :glare: needless to say i shall be pursuing the idea later on when I visit a few shops to get prices on the Blue Brazil top!

indeed...saturdays results are ones to forget!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here