Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got Peterborough tickets

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
That’s bad really, thought we’d have sold nearly 3,000. Was in the club shop yesterday and heard the lady saying the tickets are selling really well. Looks like she’s wrong.

Funny this just gone up, as I was on phone asking where mine were and I asked the question about Pay on Gate (was just nosey, but pretended a mate might come up with me etc etc)

Bloke was vague, but did also confirm that just under 2000 sold so far, which he thought was amazing. He also said we are expecting the full allocation of 3000 from Posh.

I pointed out that the away end holds c4200, so what was happening to the remaining tickets - would they be pay on the gate.

He replied, that BHA are getting the full allocation and they expect to sell out.

Here is my take......

If we have the full allocation of 4200, we wont sell them all - hopefully the unsold 1000-1500 will be sent back to Posh and made available on the day.

If we have had a 3000 allocation, then we may well sell them all, with a further 1200 being kept by posh for sale on the day.

Either way, I cannot forsee a situation where there are not any available on the day.

All round, pretty poor show by BHA. The posts on here by our Posh friends also confirm that sale on the day is to be expected.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
lots of different stories on here as to how much weve sold. judging by the interest on here for this game i would have said lots more than 2000 were going .

lots of different stories on here as to how much weve sold. judging by the interest on here for this game i would have said lots more than 2000 were going .

I agree lots more than 2000 will go. But it does seem fact that so far, just under 2000 have been sold. There are still nearly 5 days until the game, and I suspect the shop will pre-sell the best part of another 1000.

If we have a larger following than 3000, it will really depend on whether these 1200 are made available on the day - it does seem clear to me that we will struggle to pre-sell any more than 3000.....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Shambles from the ticket office. If they were straight with people from the start we wouldn't be in a situation where fans are cancelling their plans based on false advice. For their sake I hope its not pay on the gate, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered spending an extra £1 on an admin fee I never needed to pay!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just bought a couple. My Mum bought one yesterday in the seats, and was told they had 8 (EIGHT) seat tickets left.

There are terrace tickets left of course.

Whatever happens between now and Saturday, I would be AMAZED, given Barry Fry's involvement, if Peterborough turn anyone with a £20 note away on the day.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
For their sake I hope its not pay on the gate, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered spending an extra £1 on an admin fee I never needed to pay!

I had to pay an extra £2. That's why they probably say it's all ticket so when you order over the phone they can make some extra money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had to pay an extra £2. That's why they probably say it's all ticket so when you order over the phone they can make some extra money.

A lot of people prefer to have their tickets in their hand prior to the day, just in case of a sell-out, so some would pre-book even if it was pay on the day.

£1 per ticket, to cover the postage is really no big deal, and if you do buy through the Albion, they make a small percentage of the ticket money.

Its not the case for Peterbro, but normally pay on the day is a couple of quid dearer than advance anyway, so that cancels out the booking fee.

I have no issues at all with buying through the ticket office. I guess everyone just wants better information, that's all.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
A lot of people prefer to have their tickets in their hand prior to the day, just in case of a sell-out, so some would pre-book even if it was pay on the day.

£1 per ticket, to cover the postage is really no big deal, and if you do buy through the Albion, they make a small percentage of the ticket money.

Its not the case for Peterbro, but normally pay on the day is a couple of quid dearer than advance anyway, so that cancels out the booking fee.

I have no issues at all with buying through the ticket office. I guess everyone just wants better information, that's all.

I agree, just wish the club would be clearer on ticket issues instead of being vague.

My ticket has just dropped on my mat :clap2:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2000 fans going away, for a division 3 match, 300 mile round trip, fuel at £2.20 a litre, trains costing upwards of £50, I think that is pretty respectable. As for the situation about POTG or all ticket, when will people get real? This is not the clubs decision, it's Pboro, and the Police. As for the bollocks about members/non members, why have these 'oh so passionate' fans not yet sorted out their white or blue memberships yet?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Would of started another thread but didnt want to get crucified by the tough guys!!!!

Im useless at looking for train prices etc.

Im going with a mate from brighton and i wanted to know if anyone knows the cheapest price for return tickets......I think it is £56 but am not 100% sure.

Anyhelp would be great

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
2000 fans going away, for a division 3 match, 300 mile round trip, fuel at £2.20 a litre, trains costing upwards of £50, I think that is pretty respectable. As for the situation about POTG or all ticket, when will people get real? This is not the clubs decision, it's Pboro, and the Police. As for the bollocks about members/non members, why have these 'oh so passionate' fans not yet sorted out their white or blue memberships yet?

£2.20 a litre? You're being mugged!:p

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
As for the situation about POTG or all ticket, when will people get real? This is not the clubs decision, it's Pboro, and the Police.

It's not though is it? We asked for the remainder of our allocation to be sent down so we could try and sell them all in advance.

Peterborough's original plan was to send down a certain amount (the first batch being 900) and put the rest up for sale on the day as POTG. The club are the one's at fault for claiming it will not be pay on the day, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Would of started another thread but didnt want to get crucified by the tough guys!!!!

Im useless at looking for train prices etc.

Im going with a mate from brighton and i wanted to know if anyone knows the cheapest price for return tickets......I think it is £56 but am not 100% sure.

Anyhelp would be great

if you get a return from brighton to huntingdon and a return from huntingdon to peterboro it should be cheaper. its also the same train so you dont need to get off. cheapest way is to find 2 more people and do a groupsave ie 4 travel for the price of 2 . which should make it about £20 . see my thread on away travel and pm me if youre interested as there are 2 of us looking for 2 peole to get a ticket with (youre ment to travel together but i dont think they really care)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here