Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got in from the NME tour gig at the Dome....

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
.... and all want to say is that White Lies are quality but oh my f***ing days Glasvegas are the worst bad EVER!

That fat f*** of a drummer is more likely to do a sausage roll than a drum roll the useless cow. What a crock of shit to have them on last :rant:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Florence from Florence & the machines - 'nuff said really..

.... and all want to say is that White Lies are quality but oh my f***ing days Glasvegas are the worst bad EVER!

That fat f*** of a drummer is more likely to do a sausage roll than a drum roll the useless cow. What a crock of shit to have them on last :rant:

Bang on. What a f***ing mistake to stick that on last. Florence & The Machine were decent, and she has a great voice. White Lies are just superb, they should have headlined. Friendly Fires were great, and the crowd were on a high, only to be brought SMACK down to earth by the dirge from Glasvegas. Pedestrian doesn't quite describe it, although they couldn't go faster as their drummer would never keep up.

SHITHOUSE.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Can't quite understand why Glasvegas are being so heavily hyped, another flash in the pan.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Spot on mate...I was gonna escape after that boring single about 'daddy' seeing as there was about 20 mins left according to the running order, then the lights came on !!!

White Lies were superb, with a dead heat to the other two baands not too far behind..but Glasvegas were just f***ing shite !!!

AlbionKebabs

Sep 23, 2005
Hove innit, you mug.
Didn't see Florence and the Machines, but when she came on and sang with White Lies she clearly has a decent pair of lungs on her. Couldnt rate the fitness as I'd forgotten my glasses but she had a cracking pair of pins.

White Lies were pretty good, didn't rate the album that highly, but decent little set. Thought Friendly Fires stole the show. Absolutely brilliant, crowd pleaser central. Agree with all the above comments on Glasvegas, I really like them but thought they were shite. Their sound setup was awful too, which definitely didn't help.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I can't understand why White Lies weren't headlining?! Florence and The Machines were superb aswell as White Lies. Friendly Fires were ok but got the crowd really pumped up. But Glasvegas are really overhyped load of shit and totally killed the pumped up crowd, I still can't believe there was twenty minutes left and there was no f***ing encore.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
I can't understand why White Lies weren't headlining?! Florence and The Machines were superb aswell as White Lies. Friendly Fires were ok but got the crowd really pumped up. But Glasvegas are really overhyped load of shit and totally killed the pumped up crowd, I still can't believe there was twenty minutes left and there was no f***ing encore.

Don't mean to be rude, but wondered if you we're actually there.

Only because your post appears to be a succinct summary of all the posts above.

Perhaps you could do this for every thread to save me reading them - something like the Digested Read in the Guardian.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Don't mean to be rude, but wondered if you we're actually there.

Only because your post appears to be a succinct summary of all the posts above.

Perhaps you could do this for every thread to save me reading them - something like the Digested Read in the Guardian.

Yes I was there.....

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Just to be different I loved Glasvegas (although I do wonder what they will do for a 2nd album) but wasn't bowled over by the Friendly Fires!

Despite her interpretive drama/parents sent me to drama school stage persona, I enjoyed Florence and The Machine and White Lies were good although he struggled on the high notes.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Flournce was a Fit as f***, was loving the arse. she stole the show when she came on and sung with white lies. friendly fires where a bit of a let down, they were much better when i saw them back in oct, but still a fair effort

away from the music £5 a pint what a joke!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
edit, just checked pictures, facially flourence isnt the best but from a far last night sweet lord did she look good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For what it is worth I thought Florence were good. I'd certainly be tempted to listen to more of their stuff.

White Lies werent much cop. Sub-Editors/Bravery isnt what the world needs right now. I really cant see what the fuss is here.

Friendly Fires were excellent and will definately check them out further.

Glasvegas were superb. Powerful, anthemic and loud. If they deliver a great second album you will all be claiming you saw them when they were small and they played The Dome.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Glasvegas were superb. Powerful, anthemic and loud. If they deliver a great second album you will all be claiming you saw them when they were small and they played The Dome.

Anthemic? It was a constant drone of shite that didn't at any point change pace or have any variety or ambition. I was actually laughing before I left at the mess; it was just a daft fat drummer who was beating a drum at about 10 beats per minute with a bass and 2 guitars strumming at the same pace and some afwul twat wailing away at the front. WORST BAND EVER

away from the music £5 a pint what a joke!

5 quid a pint?

That's what I thought. £5?

They got away with it by only serving 250ml bottles or Carlsberg and offering one in a plastic half pint cup for £3 or 2 bottles in a plastic pint cup for a fiver! Bottle of Magners was miles better value at about £3.50 as it's already a pint and they daren't charge more than that per bottle

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They got away with it by only serving 250ml bottles or Carlsberg and offering one in a plastic half pint cup for £3 or 2 bottles in a plastic pint cup for a fiver! Bottle of Magners was miles better value at about £3.50 as it's already a pint and they daren't charge more than that per bottle[/QUOTE]

Bollocks :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here