Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back and to me we are worse now than anytime this season!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When we scored, it looked to me as though the players didn't really celebrate - or did I miss it in jumping around a bit? Looked to me as though Stephens himself just turned around and ran back to defence as if it were a goal kick?

If so - what was that about.

And fair enough - there was a bit (lot) of anger at the end - but other than that, the fans tried to get behind the team - but apart from about 10 minutes (when we should have scored three) - there was no corresponding effort on the pitch.....

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
When we scored, it looked to me as though the players didn't really celebrate - or did I miss it in jumping around a bit? Looked to me as though Stephens himself just turned around and ran back to defence as if it were a goal kick?

I noticed that. Assumed it was because it was Wigan and they were embarrassed at being behind in the first place.

Bit like scoring against non league team.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

And fair enough - there was a bit (lot) of anger at the end - but other than that, the fans tried to get behind the team - but apart from about 10 minutes (when we should have scored three) - there was no corresponding effort on the pitch.....

Its been a while...forgotten how too :D

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That would surprise me, as he and Kayal have been a regular pairing since Stephens returned to full fitness. Of those that played today my guess of those that won't be with us next year is;

Bennet, Calde (as a player), Halford (although he's been decent), Holla, CMS, COG, Best.

Can't be good for morale and team spirit, especially when they know that relegation is unlikely no matter what the results in these last few games.

Ah, bless their cotton socks. They're the fecking reason we are where we are and from what I've seen there isn't any team spirit anymore. If they're hurting, which I doubt, then tough shit! Let's hope they enjoy playing in League 2 next season because for most of them, that's their level.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just got back and have to say it was as I expected pretty much from an attacking point of view, I.e. Total shit.

The most worrying aspect though is that the players are now showing all the characteristics that got Hyypia the sack.

Team spirit seems to be at an all time low, half if them look like they don't give a shit, the other half look confused by the team selection and tactics. I've never seem Calders look so low.

Hughton appears as clueless as Hyypia did..

Yes for periods in the game we looked marginally better, but this against Wigan, who haven't won at home since August.

I don't know where to begin with this mess. I sort of feel like we deserve to go down just to show the powers that be what a ****ing disaster they have made of it, because I fear it won't improve next season.

On the evidence of the half a season in charge I don't believe Hughton is the right man to take charge of our recovery.

On the plus side, I have ticked of Wigan on my visited grounds list, just 33 to go. And I liked it, nice stadium.

Can't rule out not having to play them again next season. We won't get another point this season, so we are in the hands of Millwall.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Hughton was 'disappointing' with the 1st half but who picks the team, trains them and motivates them pre-match? His choice of CMS as lone striker was doomed to failure, a mistake he had to address at half time thus using a sub.

I wasn't there today but, against Huddersfield, we started at a pedestrian pace, passing the ball across the back line and looking very pleased at just keeping the ball in our half. Is this the tactical way ahead?

Fans might put up with it but paying customers want to be entertained and won't part with a lot of money to be bored game after game.

Jan 30, 2008
Hughton was 'disappointing' with the 1st half but who picks the team, trains them and motivates them pre-match? His choice of CMS as lone striker was doomed to failure, a mistake he had to address at half time thus using a sub.

I wasn't there today but, against Huddersfield, we started at a pedestrian pace, passing the ball across the back line and looking very pleased at just keeping the ball in our half. Is this the tactical way ahead?

Fans might put up with it but paying customers want to be entertained and won't part with a lot of money to be bored game after game.

It wad boring before hypia and houghton:rolleyes:
regards
DR

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I really wonder what Bloom and Puppet mouth piece think. They can't be blind, can they?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps we'll look back on Hyypia more favourably now, Hughton obviously can't get any more out of this lot than Sami could.

Can't wait for the summer, 'cos the winter's been crap!

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I can't help but think the injury to Baldock when he started scoring and the impact of an ageing squad in the later part of the season has really screwed things up for CH. I don't think he can be judged until he has chance to build over the summer.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I agree, today was woeful, Wigan were so poor we should have taken them apart
Nothing between Hyypia's team and Hughtons...only Kayal offers hope for next season
Build a team around him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here