Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got a summons to court, through the post

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I dunno what to do. Sussex police have said i went through a red light on the A24 Buckbun. I never ran the red light i was going 60 its changed and about half my car went over the line. I have to now go to court and all the documentation look pretty serious!

Any SENSIBLE ideas?

Rapists, murders and shit on the lose and poor fuckin me, hardly a penny to my name and i get a crucified. Fooking joke this country :angry:

and sussex police are first class :tosser:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
serves you right for speeding, if you noticed the AMBER light you would've had plenty of time to slow down :p

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
brighton_b0y said:
I dunno what to do. Sussex police have said i went through a red light on the A24 Buckbun. I never ran the red light i was going 60 its changed and about half my car went over the line. I have to now go to court and all the documentation look pretty serious!

Any SENSIBLE ideas?

Rapists, murders and shit on the lose and poor fuckin me, hardly a penny to my name and i get a crucified. Fooking joke this country :angry:

and sussex police are first class :tosser:

I think they will give you at least a couple of points on your license, nothing to harsh. But if all else fails then board a plane to Mexico and change your name to senor Gomez.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ask them to produce the evidence. If they are prosecuting, they have to prove you're guilty. If there's no evidence, there's no case.

Of course, amber does mean that red is about to come up, so it's not as though you had no warning to slow down.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Accept it you were in the wrong and should have slowed down in advance, in my younger boy racer days i was 19 in my mighty 160 bhp Uno turbo got done for 58 in a 30, and yes i am ashmed about it got 6 points for that and a £120 fime, have never been caught again taught me and my wallet a lesson.

Hol dyour hands up and lump it fact of life.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Well whatever u do, don't miss it, as they will then think that you're deliberatley avoiding it. Missing it would land you in more trouble

Be best to, as The Large One said, see what eveidence the prosecution have. If its overwhelming, then you'll, i imagine, lose some points off license

If the evidence is crap then could be worth contesting it

Good luck

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i ran the red light at 15mph and didnt even take the car fully over the line. Is that guilty of running a red light. I mean 15mph i crossed the line. Plus i want being a boy racer, i kept within all limits along the rd (where there were speed camaras ;) plus my poxy car isnt capable of being a boy racers car lol

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i once got caught by the police early one sunday morning along the A27 near amerning, was towing my race car and they checked my car and trailer and found i had dodgy brakes, anyway, they have a maxium of 6 months to issue the summons, i recicved it ONE day sort of six months and all the paper work was wrong, wrong dates, times, said i was a female, i thought i would have got thrown out, but i got 3 points and 150 fine, WANKERS.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
brighton_b0y said:
i ran the red light at 15mph and didnt even take the car fully over the line. Is that guilty of running a red light. I mean 15mph i crossed the line. Plus i want being a boy racer, i kept within all limits along the rd (where there were speed camaras ;) plus my poxy car isnt capable of being a boy racers car lol

so you did run the red light and if someone had been crossing you would have hit them, so in the eyes of the law you are guilty and if that is what the evidence says then you will be found guilty. Take the fine and points and be done with it

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Bite the pillow bitch, If you had flattened a kid you would have got of lightly.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Hasn't the points structure changed?

The test the Court will use is a simple one.

Did you break the law?

They aren't interested in what's fair. The Justice System doesn't work like that.

From the facts that you've set out, it seems like they've got you bang to rights. All you can do now is submit. Any alternative will cost you more.

I got my three penalty points for doing 36 mph on Hastings seafront, the same speed that every other vehicle was travelling. The irony is that I was driving home from a meeting with Hastings Council and the Police that was discussing, among other things, road safety in the town.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Take your punishment like a man Robbie and don't speed approaching lights in future :p

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Yorkie said:
Take your punishment like a man Robbie and don't speed approaching lights in future :p
wasn't speed, on the limit :down: the law sucks :angry:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Against all the evidence, claim that you didn't run a red light and that the photo is doctored. Call in experts who can show that the moon landings were faked, and therefore should have no problem at all proving your innocence. If possible, hire OJ Simpson's lawyer.

Obviously this would be a lie and you might get banged-up for perjury, but at least then you wouldn't need a driving licence. It's a win-win situation.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It doesn't matter that you weren't exceeding the speed limit. It's just that you were driving too fast for the situation. Sorry!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Tell them that you sneezed as you were braking for the lights, it is an involuntary body action, they cannot prove otherwise. On the other hand, bend over and take your punishment like a man, at least that is what the headmaster said at school.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here