Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just bought a copy of Build A Bonfire off Ebay...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have been looking to get hold of a copy, but have been wondering if it is worth waiting a couple of years because I have heard rumours of a 'falmer edition' to coincide with the opening of the community stadium (source = NSC).

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Well I've had one on NSC classified for 3 years and at £40 its too rich for most.:thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I bought a copy, signed by both authors, off eBay for about £40 or so a couple of years back.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I think you've been had. I saw that copy on ebay but it was sun damaged, had wear and tear and had a personalised inscription inside, £30 would of been a fair price for that.

For £50 if you wait you time you will get a mint condition and/or signed copy!

Also remember they are updating it for falmer and will release it again, so if you haven't got one wait until then and pay £14.99 rrp and i would imagine that will reduce the demand for the original which is the only reason it's so expensive!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
first editions will always be pricier than reprints and Build A Bonfire is a collectable.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
first editions will always be pricier than reprints and Build A Bonfire is a collectable.

Also let's not forget that it's a bloody good book too - especially for those who lived through those days.
I confess I have a tear in my eye when I open it these days along with the book of photos that came out about the same time

Mr. Jolly

Feb 25, 2009
Next Door
I was lucky enough to find a copy for £4.50 in the Heart Foundation bookshop on London Road a couple of years ago. I felt a bit guilty as I walked off knowing it was worth much more. Hope I don't regret not popping back to give a bit more if the old ticker starts playing up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here