Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been turned down for my student loan

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Which is handy as I'm skint and 2 months into my course. Oh shit.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That is shite. Sorry to hear that. Are there any other avenues that can be explored? I guess hardship loans etc. would not be possible as you are a postgrad.

How about a ranting letter to the Argus with a footnote saying "If you would like to sponsor Les Biehn..."?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
That is shite. Sorry to hear that. Are there any other avenues that can be explored? I guess hardship loans etc. would not be possible as you are a postgrad.

How about a ranting letter to the Argus with a footnote saying "If you would like to sponsor Les Biehn..."?

Not sure what will happen, will have to go and see student support on Thursday.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I already have a loan from a previous degree. However I thought it would be alright as they said exceptions are made for vocational courses and as I was doing a HND (a vocational qualification) I thought it would be ok.

Trouble I have now is the college will start asking for the money and I don't have it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You may have to consider selling your organs

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As I've gotta have a scan on my kidneys I'm not sure there is much to sell.

In that case it looks like you may have to resort to Uncle Buck's suggestion, I feel sorry for you forced to rely on kinky

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You could ride round Cuba with Brett, but keep all the sponsorship money?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps you could get a part time job?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lets see, I already work 3 and half days a week as well as college 2 days. Probably not then.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Lets see, I already work 3 and half days a week as well as college 2 days. Probably not then.

That leaves a further day and a half......bloody lazy students!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That's how students have coped in the past. Even though the cost were lower and there were no student loans, not everyone at Uni in the olden days got a grant. Many had to work in the evenings to balance their budget.

I worked at McDonalds whilst at Uni to ensure that I wasn't in debt (as there was not loans available), so going hugely overdrawn was not possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here