Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been Banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Took the day of work and went up the Amex this morning to find out what is going on. Spoke to a lovely lady at reception and asked could I speck with Mr Baker, after she made a few inquires she informed me that he's gone on holiday and won't be back till the 27th of February. That's nice I thought, he said he'd ring me back by the weekend and has gone on holiday. Is that how fans/customers are treated now? I went out my way to try and resolve this issue and have been totally ignored.

The lady then phoned around and said she'd keep going and try and help, couldn't praise her enough for the effort she was making. She then emailed a Mr Hebberd and asked if he could make contact with me regarding my season ticket.

I just arrived home and picked the letters up from the mat and noticed the Albion logo and was expecting bad news but not that bad that was in the letter. It'll be a long time before I'm allowed back watching my beloved team. My dad has just come back from his day center and had to tell him that he's banned as well, hardest thing I had to say to him, he's in bits. He's been an Albion fan for 65 years and used to be a Seagull agent at the goldstone and he's trying to get his head around why he's banned as well. Breaks my heart seeing him in this state knowing it's my fault.

I have 7 days of the date of the letter to respond which is dated and must be in writing and the date of the latter is the 14th of February so I have no chance of writing it now and getting it back to the club in time.

Given that you have only just received the letter, I think they would be duty-bound to accept a late reply from you, particularly if you make the effort to respond quickly. Just start it off "Thank you for your letter of 14th February, which I unfortunately did not receive until today, 20th february. Given the circumstances, I am sure you will understand that i was not able to reply within the 7 days stipulated, but I have responded as quickly as possible"

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Thats discrimination and against the law. You should seek legal advice.

What I find strange and angry about is those 3 Hull fans get ejected for homophobic abuse towards us and get a slap on the wrists and get told not to do it again.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
He finds it hard to get his head around why he's banned - but he's not banned is he. Your seat isn't blocked either. He has a ticket and he has rights.

That aside, get on with contacting the club and doing your best to sort it out. How long does it say the ban is for?

All this season and all of next season as well.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
What I find strange and angry about is those 3 Hull fans get ejected for homophobic abuse towards us and get a slap on the wrists and get told not to do it again.

How do you know this?? Did you speak to them personally? It's not up to the Albion to ban away fans, the best they can do is pass on a report to hull city who then decide what action to take!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
What Big Belly is effectively saying is that his dad can't go on his own, he needs BB to take him and look after him. Therefore by banning BB they have effectively banned his dad.

However that is not really the point is it.

BB, how long have you been banned for? What does the letter say about the reason for the ban and what grounds for appeal do you have?

Rest of this season and the entire 2013/14 season. I'll post why I have been banned for when I come back, need to get out for a while.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did you actually apologise in the end, and I mean unreservedly apologise, especially to the steward in question, preferably in writing without any excuses or mitigating circumstances?

This was recommended by dozens of people when you first posted. Doesn't sound like you've done that, it sounds like you've made a phone call, then turned up at the stadium unannounced. It's not really the way to go about resolving the situation.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just call them and APOLOGISE profusely. Explain that you're a good fan who was having a bad day. I can't imagine you'd get banned for 2 years for just being lippy. Seems stupid to me.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In your letter:
1. Unreservedly apologise and express your sorrow about the situation
2. Admit you were in the wrong for your ill-judged comments towards the steward
3. Offer to provide a written apology to the steward
4. Ask if the ban can be suspended seeing as your father will be punished as a consequence of your actions
5. Promise to be an exemplary supporter of the club who will follow all of their rules and regulations on matchdays

From my experience in apologising, you'll get far more from a genuine apology than by talking about rights.
And never ruin an apology with an excuse.

Good luck with your letter, BB. I hope you both get the chance to watch the Albion at the earliest opportunity.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
write a letter of appeal apologising profusely and promising never to act so crassly again. Explain about your dad and that it obviously is not the intention of the club to punish him for your behaviour. Ask them to suspend your ban so you can continue to take him. If you can afford it volunteer to pay a financial enalty for your behaviour to aAITC or a charity of the club's choice.
Take the letter to north stand reception in person tomorrow. Be polite. Stop being a stroppy bugger and consider going on the wagon on matchdays. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In your letter:
1. Unreservedly apologise and express your sorrow about the situation
2. Admit you were in the wrong for your ill-judged comments towards the steward
3. Offer to provide a written apology to the steward
4. Ask if the ban can be suspended seeing as your father will be punished as a consequence of your actions
5. Promise to be an exemplary supporter of the club who will follow all of their rules and regulations on matchdays

From my experience in apologising, you'll get far more from a genuine apology than by talking about rights.
And never ruin an apology with an excuse.

Good luck with your letter, BB. I hope you both get the chance to watch the Albion at the earliest opportunity.

I'd be offering to apologise in person to the steward involved, also saying that I'd like to buy some flowers for her by way of apology.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd be offering to apologise in person to the steward involved, also saying that I'd like to buy some flowers for her by way of apology.

Yes, I'd concur with you.

BB's got to go the extra mile here, although I'd draw the line at flowers as opposed to anything further...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Send the flowers and personal apology to the steward c/o The Amex first. Mention you have done this in your appeal/apology/grovel letter as something you felt was right to do, leave unsaid the part about hoping this will tip the scales in your favour.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

offer to take her out on a date? Donatellos perhaps?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Took the day of work and went up the Amex this morning to find out what is going on. Spoke to a lovely lady at reception and asked could I speck with Mr Baker, after she made a few inquires she informed me that he's gone on holiday and won't be back till the 27th of February. That's nice I thought, he said he'd ring me back by the weekend and has gone on holiday. Is that how fans/customers are treated now? I went out my way to try and resolve this issue and have been totally ignored.

The lady then phoned around and said she'd keep going and try and help, couldn't praise her enough for the effort she was making. She then emailed a Mr Hebberd and asked if he could make contact with me regarding my season ticket.

I just arrived home and picked the letters up from the mat and noticed the Albion logo and was expecting bad news but not that bad that was in the letter. It'll be a long time before I'm allowed back watching my beloved team. My dad has just come back from his day center and had to tell him that he's banned as well, hardest thing I had to say to him, he's in bits. He's been an Albion fan for 65 years and used to be a Seagull agent at the goldstone and he's trying to get his head around why he's banned as well. Breaks my heart seeing him in this state knowing it's my fault.

I have 7 days of the date of the letter to respond which is dated and must be in writing and the date of the latter is the 14th of February so I have no chance of writing it now and getting it back to the club in time.

Ah, the irony. You treat a female steward badly and now complain about the way you are being treated. The club have sent a letter and, admittedly not very long, given you the opportunty to respond but you come on here bleating about it again. As others have said, you should have been offering to apologise to the steward in person and probably far sooner. You still have the chance to do so but would suspect the price will be missing the Burnley game. I would suggest you don't infer a complaint due to the fact that Mr Baker is on holiday and didn't get back to you as, let's be honest, the club hold all the cards here. Suggest also being very contrite and explaining about your dad and his reliance upon you. Perhaps they could suspend the ban subject to you agreeing to toe the line for a couple of years at least.

If you manage to reach agreement I trust you won't act like a tit in future, especially when someone else's enjoyment of the Albion depends on you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here