Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Wembley, Urghhhh

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Well reserves last night, England next, not much in it if you ask me, except that germany were better than QPR Reserves.

Thought that we actually played ok at times, glad that F****r ferdinand went off, he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt the lazy git. Beckham was MoM but not difficult. Thought Wright-Phillips, Crouch and carrick going off changed the tempo very well we looked much better then.

Highlights - german supporters singing "you only sing when your winning" ....

Soft goals, Robinson IS shit.

That is all.....

good night.

Parks

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BECKHAM man of the match ?

Hang on. I think I need a lie down. See you in eight hours.

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City

yea, that and:

"Heimspiel in Wembley, wir ham ein Heimspiel in Wembley..."

("We've got a homematch at Wembley...")

:thumbsup:

how is new Wembley anyway?

From the photos and TV it looks like you are miles away from the pitch if you're behind the goals. traffic also seems bad (but not surprised by almost 90.000). deffo an improvent to old wembley I think, but the guy who made the decision to knock the twin towers down should be send to Iraq or Afghanistan....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought the guy who knocked the twin towers down CAME from Iraq or Afghanistan. At least thats what Tony told me.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
yea, that and:

how is new Wembley anyway?

From the photos and TV it looks like you are miles away from the pitch if you're behind the goals. QUOTE]

I went to the Brazil game in May and sat behind the goal, and believe me it's absolutely not an issue. Having sat behind there at old Wembley, when you needed a tranny :)lolol:) to listen to the game on the radio in order to identify which players were which because you were MILES away, the current set up is an improvement beyond belief

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
Went last night as well, ended up on back row of South Stand but right on half way line. Sounds far away, but view was brilliant. Agree with Jam, still easy to identify players, you could still spot Rio being an absolute w*nker and not even pretending to want to be there.

Atmosphere wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Was a bit like Withdean at times, almost glad the German fans were there. They made a hell of a noise, credit to them.

Only Richards did himself any favours last night. Great first half, but then when switched into the centre he went quiet.

Coming away from a match like that, makes me wish I hadn't got tickets for next few England games.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
When you finish a game with Wes Brown, David James & Dyer on the pitch then you know the squad has been decimated by players withdrawing and injuries.

The German winner was a cracking goal. Beckham was clearly not fit. Owen was clearly not fit. Alan Smith is not an international class striker. Rio Ferdinand is not the player he was a few years ago and is a liability. Lampard look a little better at times last night but still went missing for long periods of the match.

Richards was superb at right back and the game did go down hill when he was shifted to centre back!

It was only a friendly last night but the passion was missing yet again. We were at home against Germany and this seams to mean nothing to the majority of players.

I am worried about the 2 home qualifiers coming up, other teams will raise there game for Wembley but can our players (and supporters?)

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I enjoyed it. Could see everything from back of block D behind the goal where the Germans scored.

Though we gifted them 2 goals - Robinson got his positioning wrong and terry passed it to the Germans for the Pander goal.

2nd half all us bar last 5.

The problem with this England team is they believe they are the best and they clearly need to put in a bit of sweat and blood to beat teams. Mr Gerrard, Cole, Bent etc stop picking and choosing your England games - have some f***ing pride in the shirt, want to wear it or piss off to your millionaire pads and play f***ing pool all day

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I enjoyed it - although no points for the man who's Albion flag was partially covered by a Palace one.....

I dread to think how many people missed the last train home though - closures on the Victoria line and a long wait at Wembley Park meant the 12.05 was crammed with football fans....you'd be pissed off if you turned up a minute later!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I enjoyed it last night nd had a great view of the pitch

Didn't like Richards at CB as thought he was playing well in the first half, hopefully he will play the full 90 minutes at RB in the qualifiers.

I managed to get the 11:32 back last night from victoria

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
BECKHAM man of the match ?

Hang on. I think I need a lie down. See you in eight hours.

I was thinking that.If you give man of the match to someone who just cant seem to get a decent cross in whatever position he is in,then ok he deserved it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I really enjoyed it. Thought it was actually a very good game and we were unlucky to lose. Lampard clearly revelled in having the midfield to himself without Gerard. Cole ran them ragged for half a game and as reported Robinson is a twat.

Been to Wembley three times now and as stated there isn't a bad view, although the last two games I have been in the lower tier.

I don't agree that the team showed a lack of passion. I was actually surprised at their work rate for most of the game (perhaps lagged in the middle).

And please god tell me why people continue to boo Lampard. What good does it do? The guy WANTS to play for England and is clearly trying very hard. Unlike other players he didn't cry off because his club told him to and that for me says a lot.

And the travel too and from Wembley is still not perfect but its a hell of a lot better than it used to be.

Silvanus

Aug 16, 2007
Well reserves last night, England next, not much in it if you ask me, except that germany were better than QPR Reserves.

Thought that we actually played ok at times, glad that F****r ferdinand went off, he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt the lazy git. Beckham was MoM but not difficult. Thought Wright-Phillips, Crouch and carrick going off changed the tempo very well we looked much better then.

Soft goals, Robinson IS shit.

That is all.....

good night.

Parks

How was the getting there and back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here