Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Wales. Thoughts.....

I just got back from Cardiff and was going to talk about our performance but I think 1-1 away at Cardiff speaks for itself.Bad news about Dodd and McShane. But we held on with a cobbled together defence.Nice goal from CKR.
But what really got my goat was some tosser behind me shouting at Blayney during the second half.
In what way is shouting "f*** off Blayney you kunt, f*** off back to Southampton" a few times, going to help the team. Did you see the save he made in the first half, diving down to his left to stop a sure goal?
Do yourself a favour and shut the f*** up.Whats the point in travelling all that way just to give out that sort of shit.
Prick.
Rant over.
Up the Albion.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Well said.What a backward twat.Did we compete well against a shit-hot in-form Cardiff?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Welcome back, check out the 'CKR is a twat' thread for more vinatge NSC idiocy. Sadly these people go to matches as well. :dunce:

Carole looked good again, nice to see a skillfull midfielder taking on the opposition. Unfortunatly Frutos had to go deep once McShane went off so that quietened him a bit but still looks like the sort of player who can pull out a touch of class. Leon ran his socks off again, but just needs that bit of extra strength/skill to win some balls. Reids been a bit wobbly recently, and was tonight.(Our friend behind me told him to f*** off back to Australia a few times) I thought Charlie came good when the defence needed rearanging and McPhee had a good first half, he looked more dangerous than Jakey and is far more physical.
Overall not bad for a cold night in Cardiff.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I really don't understand either.

If Kuipers doesn't get fully fit again I would love to have Blayney here as a keeper. Henderson is better but Blayney is no slouch and helped keep us up last season.

How did the rest of the team look? From the commentary it sounded like they all worked very very hard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting comments, a good result I reckon but nightmare about McShane.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Thanks Frank, i'll take that.Go and put your feet up,we were talking about McGhee's replacement.:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brixtaan said:
Thanks Frank, i'll take that.Go and put your feet up,we were talking about McGhee's replacement.:lolol:

:lolol: :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great result and probably fair although after drawing level we looked the more dangerous, although it is fair to see both teams wanted, and believe they could have got, all 3 points. Carole in particular caused them all sorts of problems.

Leon was very lucky with a cracking 25 yard or so volley in the first half that dipped viciously over the 'keeper and smashed off the bar.

The injuries caused us to re-shuffle several times and given we had to do that, we coped well with a strong Cardiff team.

Great goal for CKR that should do his confidence a world of good.

A mention for Cardiff the club. I've said it before - it's nowhere near as bad to go to as it used to be and there was really good banter between both sets of fans. At one stage both sets were singing "he's only four foot tall" simultaneously about Leon and, like last season, they played 'Sussex by the Sea' for us.

(A couple of blokes, when asked, took us to Canton Rugby Club. I don't think they see too many away fans in there and there was as high a ratio of Burberry as you'll see, but we enjoyed a few pre-match pints without any bother.)

E

enigma

Wankers shouting negative stuff at the players. Only excuse for it is if people are lazy. As long as people give their all, thats all we can ask for.

When Trolley got injured v Stoke last year, some twats in the south stand were yelling at him to f*** off and that they were hoping he was injured, even when it looked serious. Idiots.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Amazing isn't it Bozza, think everyones opinions of Cardiff are based on a game we had there a few years ago when it turned very nasty and a fair amount of heresay. I went there last season and thought it was OK, I know a couple of Cardiff fans and they are both top blokes, certainly nothing like the media would have us believe.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:

A mention for Cardiff the club. I've said it before - it's nowhere near as bad to go to as it used to be and there was really good banter between both sets of fans. At one stage both sets were singing "he's only four foot tall" simultaneously about Leon and, like last season, they played 'Sussex by the Sea' for us.

Did the DJ play the gay records again like last Feb?
I really wish this had been a Saturday game as I enjoyed going there last time (not the result though)

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The fans were fine last year no trouble at all, the stewards however were another matter. Seemed more intent on beating up the guy they ejected, seemingly just for running down to the front row and shouting at the linesman.???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As we arrived in the ground around 7:40 they were playing 'Gay Bar'.

Bizarre event of the night. On being searched Nail-z was asked to prove he was from Brighton as "how do I know you're not going to just blow up the place?" After several pints of cider the poor lad was struggling. Or probably just bemused at such a line of questioning. Fortunately I pointed out to him his Albion shirt was a good an example as any, and he was allowed to pass.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like Blayney could be running into a bit of form from the commentary last night, seem to remember about 3 comments re great or good save.

Must confess to being concerned about his form having conceded 6 in two games but none of them were his mistakes were they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here