Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

Albion Rob

Here are a few thoughts/observations.

We were the better side in a pretty poor game. Forced their keeper into a couple of smart stops in the first hald and looked reasonably dangerous going forward.

Second half was pretty dire, again we got forward well but had no final ball. Knight beat the keeper but Claridge just couldn't stretch for it then Knight flashed one across the goal.

I thought our goal was a bit fortunate. The lino stood his ground when Ried was fouled and the ref had played on. The lino stood there with his flag up for a good 10 secs and the ref finally blew.

The ball was tapped to Currie who flighted a vall over their defence to Harding who took it down well and rifled the ball across the keeper and into the far post.

We held on well and looked comfortable although their sub did flash one just wide in the last seconds.

I think it was a good win as Rotherham came here not to be beaten and were quite defensive so we had to break them down.

On the back of this we can beat Stoke and Millwall and maybe look quite comfortable at Christmas.

Currie's delivery was dreadful today but he got it right when it counted. Leon was sharp and Claridge dug in again.

Overall, three very good points.

Albion Rob

brighton rock said:
blooby hell is concorde back in service :lolol:

much needed win that give brighton a few points to play with

:D :D I am fortunate to have an office 75 yards from the stadium. Includes a parking space. It's awesome! :p :cool: :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
My observation is that Leon spends too much time on the floor. He's a class player and just doesn't need to do that. There were a couple of occasions where he wasn't ready to get forward with the play because he was still rolloing around despite the fact the ref clearly wasn't going to give him anything. Why can't he just get up and get on with it?

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
I am in a really good mood, first time I have seen them win this season:) :) :)

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Anyone hear the slagging match between Kuips and Cullip ?
Danny called Kuips a fecking **** followed by a 'big poof' shout,all just before half time !!
Smells like team spirit ......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Albion Rob said:
I think it was a good win as Rotherham came here not to be beaten and were quite defensive so we had to break them down.
I'd have to disagree with that. I didn't think Rotherham, were defensive at all - they were getting forward in numbers when they had the ball, and had some spells where they kept us pegged back. With their position in the table, there's little point in them travelling away and just trying to get a point. And lets face it, with our home record, most teams are probably looking at our place as being a decent chance to come away with a win.

I thought the 3-5-2 worked quite well for us today. Its an interesting "problem" for McGhee when Virgo is available again. Cullip, Hinsh and Butters all played well at the back today, and there were the beginnings of a partnership between Claridge and Leon up front as well. Reid is doing ok at RB, thought he got forward and supported well today...so where's our top scorer going to play ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
After some unlucky defeats, a fortunate win seems only fair. I thought McGhee should have brought Hart on for Claridge near the end though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wouldn't have called it a fortunate win. Albion were the more threatening going forward, carved out the better chances, and their keeper was the busier. Rotherham can have no complaints.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A solid platform to build on for Millwall the result is important and good to hvae the 5 points cushion back!

After enjoying mugging West Ham in their own back yard lets hope our next outing in London proves as rewarding! :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here