Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sounded AMAZING.

Who was MoM?

I am just back to the West Country,.... my MOM was Greer,... perfect performace,.... was a giant in my view......... BUT,... there were no weak links,... compare this performance with the Peterborough game last year,..... roll on WSU again on Saturday.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
fantastic game, the crowd was amazing and the boys ALL performed to the top notch tonight...my MoM would be CMS but as everyone has clearly stated, their were no weak links...we never looked like conceding and most of us didn't even realize they had been given a penalty at the end, apparently for a push by Greer.

Lots of the newer songs caught on tonight too, which was good to hear! Very similair to the Peterborough and Charlton away matches last year, just breathtakingly unbelievable and makes you proud to be an Albion fan!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just back. I was at Charlton & Peterborough last year; this felt even better. To think we've hit this level of performance in the 3rd game is just amazing. If you were at Peterborough last year, you will know the feeling after such a performance. This is even better, trust me. We were very very good tonight, without the pace of 3 of our star performers.
Need to keep our feet on the ground I know, but it was amazing, just amazing. CMS is the bollocks.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dicker had his BEST game in a LONG time tonite. Very glad about that.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Twas a special night down in deepest sheep shaggin country.

The team outclassed Cardiff, apart from the second half of the first half (Barnes' first was against the run of play), then tore them a new arse in the second.

CMS was so unlucky not to score, and had he not hit the post, then he would have fully derserve that goal.

They never really bothered big Casper. All routine saves. Had our strikers stayed onside more (and some looked very harsh) then we could have scored twice as many.

OH I DO LOVE TO BE A SEAGULL
OH I DO LOVE TO LIVE BESIDE THE SEA
OH I DO LOVE THE GOD THAT IS GUS POYET
DUM DE DUM DE DUM DUM DUMDE DUM

Fans completely embarrased the taffys. I thought they'd liked a good sing song in Wales as well.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I don't think Ive read as many complimentary commentsa s those on the Cardiff site!!!! My god, Im beginning to believe we can do this. Possibly our best league result since McShane's night at Palace.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I don't think Ive read as many complimentary commentsa s those on the Cardiff site!!!! My god, Im beginning to believe we can do this. Possibly our best league result since McShane's night at Palace.

You must have missed the ones saying that Brighton play boring, insipid football.
I was at the game last night and was the best ive seen for a long long time.
Earnshaw and Miller might has well not turned up and we had Cardiff chasing shadows.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I posted during the debate on Murray when people were saying we needed a big target man, that Poyet was going for a quick mobile forward line. It didn,t matter that he signed 2 or 3 wingers because they could play in different positions and pace will kill you in the end. We,ll now starting to see that playing at a high pace for 90 min.and changing tiring players with fresh pacey ones is wearing down the opposition. Long may it continue.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair do's to the guy. He's managed to mould a pretty decent team from a bunch of nobodies. Absolute nobodies.

Their style of play is like swansea, but it has much more purpose, more of a point. We weren't that bad last night but brighton made us look 10 times worse, they seemed to pounce on every single mistake that we made. 3 shots on target, 3 goals - can't argue with that. At times it was like playing an established premier league team.

I feel like i could eat rubbish for a week (not rubbish food, actual rubbish - newspapers, sweet wrappers, orange peel etc), take a dump in my hands, hand it to Mr Poyet and in a couple of hours he would hand me back a miniature, working, grandfather clock.

He wont be at Brighton long.

Apart from the last sentance which as of yet seems untrue :clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lots of the newer songs caught on tonight too, which was good to hear! Very similair to the Peterborough and Charlton away matches last year, just breathtakingly unbelievable and makes you proud to be an Albion fan!

Pls tell us that couldn't make it what these new songs were!

I'm hoping for the aye aye Ashley one ???

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Pls tell us that couldn't make it what these new songs were!

I'm hoping for the aye aye Ashley one ???

Loudest new ones I remember hearing

Craig MacKail-Smith to the just cant get enough do do's

"you're getting beat by the poofters"

"we are the gay stand, the gay stand, the gay stand. The gay stand of the albion, the albion, the albion. The albion of the sussex, the sussex, the sussex. The sussex by the sea, the sea, the sea"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I feel like i could eat rubbish for a week (not rubbish food, actual rubbish - newspapers, sweet wrappers, orange peel etc), take a dump in my hands, hand it to Mr Poyet and in a couple of hours he would hand me back a miniature, working, grandfather clock.

I absolutely love that quote

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
fair do's to the guy. He's managed to mould a pretty decent team from a bunch of nobodies. Absolute nobodies.

Their style of play is like swansea, but it has much more purpose, more of a point. We weren't that bad last night but brighton made us look 10 times worse, they seemed to pounce on every single mistake that we made. 3 shots on target, 3 goals - can't argue with that. at times it was like playing an established premier league team.
i feel like i could eat rubbish for a week (not rubbish food, actual rubbish - newspapers, sweet wrappers, orange peel etc), take a dump in my hands, hand it to mr poyet and in a couple of hours he would hand me back a miniature, working, grandfather clock.

He wont be at brighton long.

Apart from the last sentance which as of yet seems untrue :clap:

wow :flameboun

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Like [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION], I f***ing love this.

In fact, it's going in my sig. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here