Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Such a good performance. I was a little bit worried pre-match about our lack of a real attacking outlet in midfield but in the end we just passed them to death. Ankergren did a great job of some admittedly routine saves, Greer and Dunk were about as close to perfection as two CB's are going to get (amazing headed last-ditch clearance from Dunky in first half), Calderon and Painter were both very composed on the ball, Bridcutt and Dicker transported the ball brilliantly (we bossed the midfield for 90 minutes), Vincelot continues to look like he's been playing at this level for years, Sparrow was busy, Barnes is looking confident and CMS was just absolutely incredible (didn't know he was that fast/strong!) Navarro also did a good job when he came on and Hoskins, whilst not looking at all fit, took his goal absolutely superbly. I didn't make Pboro away last season but the best performance I have ever seen has to be either last night or Charlton.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Such a good performance. I was a little bit worried pre-match about our lack of a real attacking outlet in midfield but in the end we just passed them to death. Ankergren did a great job of some admittedly routine saves, Greer and Dunk were about as close to perfection as two CB's are going to get (amazing headed last-ditch clearance from Dunky in first half), Calderon and Painter were both very composed on the ball, Bridcutt and Dicker transported the ball brilliantly (we bossed the midfield for 90 minutes), Vincelot continues to look like he's been playing at this level for years, Sparrow was busy, Barnes is looking confident and CMS was just absolutely incredible (didn't know he was that fast/strong!) Navarro also did a good job when he came on and Hoskins, whilst not looking at all fit, took his goal absolutely superbly. I didn't make Pboro away last season but the best performance I have ever seen has to be either last night or Charlton.

can I just add a word for someone who maybe doesn't attract as much attention but is making a truly valuable contribution away from home and that is Romain Vincelot. He defends so high up the pitch disrupting opponent's efforts to build attacks or develop any real fluidity - sepecilly noticeable last night because Cardiff are a creative side. He may not be blessed with much pace or a flash playing style but his role last night was crucial.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
can I just add a word for someone who maybe doesn't attract as much attention but is making a truly valuable contribution away from home and that is Romain Vincelot. He defends so high up the pitch disrupting opponent's efforts to build attacks or develop any real fluidity - sepecilly noticeable last night because Cardiff are a creative side. He may not be blessed with much pace or a flash playing style but his role last night was crucial.

Yep, he did a great job. Great work by Gus to bring him in & fit him into that role perfectly. He had a stormer last night.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Tonight was one of the best displays I can recall ever seeing from a Brighton side. I can't remember a game where I've spent as much time applauding; the possession & the passing, the chasing the ball & the winning of it (in the rare moments we didn't already have it). Cardiff had their moments but our command of large parts of the game looked so calm, controlled & sophisticated. You guys are probably used to it as I'm still mainly the occasional away game but it just felt like I was dreaming.

Was talking to Cardiff supporting mates at work about us possibly receiving a footballing lesson from their team this evening. It was the other way round. Tomorrow at work is just going to be embarrassing!

Furry, what area of Cardiff are you based in, just out o interest. I am currently based in Tongwynlais (near to M4), working near Treharris

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
Ratings?

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Originally Posted by sheebo
I feel like i could eat rubbish for a week (not rubbish food, actual rubbish - newspapers, sweet wrappers, orange peel etc), take a dump in my hands, hand it to Mr Poyet and in a couple of hours he would hand me back a miniature, working, grandfather clock.

POYETRY FROM MOTION

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here