Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Ok, staying locally in south wales tonight, but couldn't resist the thread title which I will never otherwise be able to post.

But make no mistake we truly were "f***ing brilliant" tonight

At no stage did I think we needed to hang on to the lead, like I felt at Fratton Park.

Highlights; Barnes opener, Mackail Smith throughout, Painter winding up the locals, Hoskins goal, Albion fans singing throughout, Home stands empty long before the end.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Ok, staying locally in south wales tonight, but couldn't resist the thread title which I will never otherwise be able to post.

But make no mistake we truly were "f***ing brilliant" tonight

At no stage did I think we needed to hang on to the lead, like I felt at Fratton Park.

Highlights; Barnes opener, Mackail Smith throughout, Painter winding up the locals, Hoskins goal, Albion fans singing throughout, Home stands empty long before the end.

it sounded very controlled and one sided on trhe radio and NSC crashed about 4 times with the volume of traffic!!!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Ha. I was like - well this thread is goon be bulls**t. Sounded great - team and fans.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Top support tonight chaps. Enjoy those celebratory drinks. :cheers:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gus seemed to find it boring?

3444035-poyet_460_303.jpg

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Tonight was one of the best displays I can recall ever seeing from a Brighton side. I can't remember a game where I've spent as much time applauding; the possession & the passing, the chasing the ball & the winning of it (in the rare moments we didn't already have it). Cardiff had their moments but our command of large parts of the game looked so calm, controlled & sophisticated. You guys are probably used to it as I'm still mainly the occasional away game but it just felt like I was dreaming.

Was talking to Cardiff supporting mates at work about us possibly receiving a footballing lesson from their team this evening. It was the other way round. Tomorrow at work is just going to be embarrassing!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sample of Cardiff comments:-

I thought BHA thoroughly deserved the win, positive for us was IMO Mason, my biggest gripe with our play was the shocking delivery into the box with McNaughton being the main culprit, that speed merchant up top for Brighton was quality don't think we helped ourselves wit their goals 1st one was just about as we were getting on top

The warning signs were there from the off tonight when B&HA were caught just offside in very dangerous positions.

They had more guile and pace than us too.

One of the better sides I've seen at CCS over thelast few years. Sometimes you have to just accept a decent side beat you.

We were outplayed tonight by a side who've in the main been together for almost 2 seasons, with a few quality additions over the summer. Man for man, they are probably a better side than us, they had much more strength in depth/ options on the bench, and have had a lot longer to gel as a team.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
'No, City were dreadful. Haven't seen them outplayed like that for years. Mackay's ethos was to put together a side that competed for 90 minutes. That lot looked like startled rabbits.'

'You can't have been watching them long then. We played far worse than that as recently as last season. Brighton were simply better.'

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Liked this post:

" "We're f***ing brilliant, we're f***ing brilliant" Made me smile despite the score because I hadn't heard it before and on tonight's game it was very appropriate and we couldn't really argue... "

We, on the other hand, are getting quite used to hearing it (trying not to get too carried away)..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
'A very good summary of our situation although I can't agree with you calling Brighton's passing game 'tedious'. I thought they were excellent with accurate passing, movement and pace.'

'I've never seen Craig Mckail-Smith play before but he was brilliant tonight. He reminded me of a lower league equivalent of Tevez. Battled all night and didn't give the defenders and inch, and lightening quick.' - good comparison I think

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
One of my favourite threads was the one where they compared us to Swansea (boring football, gay etc.) and it just descends into a brawl between Cardiff and Swansea fans. :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bloody hell Barry I wanted to start this thread, living in Wales has to have one perk :lolol:

I'd just like to echo what everyone else has said, Brighton played as well tonight as I have ever seen a Brighton team play, every player in the team seems to know what to do in every situation. Special mention though must go to CMS, the bloke is an absolute MACHINE, he never ever stops and I love his strong shoulder to shoulder style against the defenders. He must be a nightmare to play against. Is Dunk really only 19 as well, what a prospect he is!

Great to catch up with my old mates Kalimantan Gull and Captain Haddock, just needed to bump into Hitony for the full set of my Brighton supporting friends. Excellent night, great vocal support, and a fantastic result. Days don't come much better :)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
'BHA are the team we are trying to become - we are not there yet but it is coming I hope'

Cor. Blimey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here