Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Back From The Game

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
We did not play well today in my opinion. Bournemouth had us sussed out, I have never seen a game where our 2 defenders passed the ball so many times to each other, and no one cottoned on that the opposition were not going to play we will come and take the ball off of you, they adopted the "if you want to score then come at us", thus the game stalemated to a degree, there were however some good moments from both sides. Our main problem today was having 2 main strikers who forgot the first rule of football, control the ball, they were both at fault, and we lost a lot of possession. In the 2nd half tactics change, but the Cherries came at us with a vengance, and a goal looked on the cards, and when it came it was a beauty. A little later Gus made changes and off went Bridcutt, Noone and Wood, on came Murry, Kiskishev and Dicker, from here on we looked like a team that wanted to win, and within a few minutes Murry had the ball in the goal, to be ruled narrowly offside. We pressed on but were unable to find the net.Bournemouth are a good side and it is easy to see why they do well at home. Full marks to their new manager who had certainly done his homework, and if others do the same I think Gus will have to do some rethinking.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
top post,spot on,control from those front two was woeful

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
only El Abd out of the starting eleven would score more than 6/10 today

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
What were Bournemouth like in peoples opinion? Saw them agianst Colchester and they looked like a 2 man team. Jahlal (keeper) and Pugh (winger) are the only 2 players i would have in Brighton's team.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bournemouth were very well organised and stuck to their jobs. Their tactics were well thought out and they stifled anything we had to offer (until Murray came on). Keeper didn't have much to do but Pugh was dangerous and made Calderon look very average - was too frightened to get close to him and just let him get his crosses in for El Abd to head away or Ankergren to catch.

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Worst i think i've seen us play under Poyet in the league IMO

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
bournemouth were o.k but for me gus made a big mistake not starting murray. woods and barnes not in the same league as murray . the midfield were v. poor not winning enough first or second balls in the middle of the [park made bournemouth look and have alot of possesion when murray kish and dicker came on it was a totally different game pushing forward and looking to score with every attack .hope gus has learnt his lesson

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Basically Bournemouth wanted that game more than we did. Wood had a good chance in the 1st half and Murray had one in the 2nd half, but that was about it. We didn't play that badly and shit happens, but a glance at the pursuing clubs made the defeat sweeter to swallow. A win on Tuesday at home to Colchester will see us 6 points clear and still with a game in hand on our closest rivals and that can't be bad?

And by the way, Keith Hill, referee, was absolutely awful.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Basically Bournemouth wanted that game more than we did. Wood had a good chance in the 1st half and Murray had one in the 2nd half, but that was about it. We didn't play that badly and shit happens, but a glance at the pursuing clubs made the defeat sweeter to swallow. A win on Tuesday at home to Colchester will see us 6 points clear and still with a game in hand on our closest rivals and that can't be bad?

And by the way, Keith Hill, referee, was absolutely awful.

Good post. That about sums it up

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
A guy I work with is a Bournemouth fan and has seen plenty of their games this season. We had a chat after the game, and he said we were by some margin the best side he had seen this season. I also went with an old school friend who isn't that into football, but wad pleasantly surprised by the quality of the game, and definitely thought we were the better side.

Having said that, Bournemouth shut us down very well, and for whatever reason we were not really 100% today.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If it's any consolation, SSC were (by all accounts) shocking today.

There is no concrete plan B to our passing game, but I don't think that's a problem. It's good enough to beat most the teams in this league and today we played one of the better ones.

Another consolation is that our misfortune has helped bring order to table. The two best south coast teams are top of the league. Hope we both go up.

Last edited:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
thought the game was quite even. I thought we had more clear cut chances, but the one they had, Feeney took sublimely. He has always been my favourite Bournemouth player :laugh: Murray should've scored when Wood laid it to him, and I'm thinking Barnes and Wood each could have scored in that second half. Do we think it was a foul on Bennett for a penalty at the end of the first half? Didn't think the ref was that good either to be honest, but may have just wanted every decision he made to be wrong :/

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
you just got back lol? i got back at 6:30 :eek:

southstandg

Dec 17, 2010
Sussex by the sea
Bournemouth were very well organised and stuck to their jobs. Their tactics were well thought out and they stifled anything we had to offer (until Murray came on). Keeper didn't have much to do but Pugh was dangerous and made Calderon look very average - was too frightened to get close to him and just let him get his crosses in for El Abd to head away or Ankergren to catch.

This.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have to say we were pretty poor today and Gus said as much in his interview...It was the worst performance we have put in since the first half against Southampton as our passing was terrible and some players not being upto scratch and I have to say Bournemouth did a good job on us with pressing us at every opportunity, again just like Saints did. We looked a much better outfit when Kish, Dicker & Murray were introduced not that I am going to bang on about the fact they should have started...They way I see it is a squad game and these days and any starting 11 out of our squad should be good enough to beat anyone in this league. It is just a shame we never got going in a derby match...

Oh and I am not going to join in with the love-in either, I would rather Bournemouth get relegated...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Today really wasn't as bad as some people suggest. It was pretty standard Albion knocking the ball about at the back and looking for openings. First half we got in a few times but couldn't quite tuck it away. Second half Bournemouth came out and put us under a bit of pressure, scored a smashing goal and from then on it was always going to be tough. We made the changes, we put them under pressure, we almost got back into it but it wasn't to be. Not a disaster, not even a massive off day, just one of the days when you narrowly lose away from home to a good side. Put it behind us and move on.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Thought it was a pretty even game, can't be arsed to go into detail as had a nightmare journey home.
They looked one of the better sides i've seen us play, but i think our formation didnt help. Bennett played his roaming role, but their left back was overlapping Pugh (who looks a good player) and with no real right winger (Bennett was too central) Calde found himself 2 on 1 far too many times. They wanted it more than us, and as good as they've been recently, Barnes and Wood still wouldn't have scored by now if we'd carried on playing, Wood doesn't create anything and neither does Barnes (not knocking him, he's not a hold up player). It just seemed we had two players that play off Murray's flick ons and hold up play, but with no Murray if that makes sense.

Bartley, Feeney and Pugh look decent players. Symes confirmed his C*ntishness however.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
as had a nightmare journey home.

Tell me about it, ended up getting 4 trains and 1 bus on the way home and got in to Hove at 9:30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here