Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Great second half after being under pressure most of the first. Hope ElAbd is ok. Well done Dunk, Smith and Murray all good subs. Bennett and Calde outstanding. In the end a decent point that so easily could have been

Brian

Feb 21, 2009
Me back too. Thought we played very well 2nd half, could and maybe should have won it with the pen.

Did you hear their managers interview after the game? He must be derranged, sounded like a spitefull child. Asked if he thought it would be saints and albion fighting it out for the title, he replied "if they can keep up with us", what a dick head.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
the first half was the most tense 45 mins I have witnessed in years but we finally started to play when Murray ( who was different class) and Jamie came on in the 2nd half. Having been under that much pressure and getting a point feels like a mini victory and we could have nicked all 3 at the end.The back 5 were immense and Casper my MOM. I think we will take many positives from this and start to re-build our form....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
M.O.M has to be murray super impact! dunk, casper, greer and jamie were all great! good team performance (second half :p)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We recovered very well from an appalling first half where we gave the ball away time and time again.

Fair play to the Saints they forced us to change our style and direct play worked in the 2nd half and we should move on from here.

Lesson learnt for me was Battipiedi is simply not good enough (yet) though has time on his side, was pushed off the ball far too easily.

Any news on El Bad ?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I thought the 2nd half was pretty exciting. Both teams had great chances. You missed your pen, Lambert missed a ridiculous header and there were numerous situations for each team.

Having said that we should have been out of sight at half time. How the ref missed our pen appeal is beyond me. Lallana pulled down as he's about to shoot ! Over the 90 mins we deserved the points I would say.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought the 2nd half was pretty exciting. Both teams had great chances. You missed your pen, Lambert missed a ridiculous header and there were numerous situations for each team.

Having said that we should have been out of sight at half time. How the ref missed our pen appeal is beyond me. Lallana pulled down as he's about to shoot ! Over the 90 mins we deserved the points I would say.

That was no different to the penalty we got so maybe some Karma

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing

As for our pen appeal in the first half, I couldnt see from where I was....

hmmmmm

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

Well you didn't deserve 3 points as you did not score! But it does sound like you should have had a pen!

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Listened to Radio Saints on way home [or whatever its called]

The praise for Kelvin Davies their keeper was immense and not just for the penalty save - What does that tell you

Southampton definately the better team in first half but generally didnt feel threatened at all - Great second half

Watched game in opposite corner to the Albion masses - Support came across very loud -need more songs though

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
didnt think we sang much tonight. but first half was tense. thought thiers looked a penalty. but didnt think southampton were as good as thier making out.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I thought we were worthy of a point in the end. We were very poor in the first half but I didn't feel that worried about Saints. Much better in the second half especially when Smith and Murray came on.

I think we can take a lot of positives from this result and can see us regaining our form again.

Hope El Abd is ok.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Big game for the saints they wanted to send out a messgae by winning that game and through the kitchen sink at us from the start.

We kept cool and defended well and came into the game at the end of the half and played well in the second.

Theirs was not a penalty he was half a yard in front of the defender and just dropped to the floor could'nt see any contact, should have been booked for diving,

Ref was a homer and gave them the 50/50 decisions plus was very weak on two poor challengers from them.

Good point

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Job done, we held in there first half, played better second half, and Murray did very well> Batti not good enough yet.

Dunk was superb, as was Ankergren.

Murray needs to be starting though, clearly our best forward.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ankergren - I've been critical of him but he was brilliant today. Dunk came in like a duck to water, seamless transition from El-Abd to him was very impressive. Hope El-Abd is ok though obviously, heard someone say it's a bad cut but nothing more serious?? No idea if true.

Battipiedi isn't cutting it, I know we were missing a couple of players in midfield, but Smith showed far more.. everything. Barnes and Wood - I don't mind which, one of them has to partner Murray. That's how it has to be.Wood's penalty wasn't as good as his previous one, if he'd just rifled it like he did against Bristol Rovers we'd have 3 points. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here